1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Allah has a soul?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Islam teaches that everyone with a soul shall die but it also teaches that Allah has a soul. Confusion deluxe.

1. As for the universal affirmative statements, the following verses say that every soul shall taste death:

Every soul (kullu nafsin) shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception. S. 3:185, Yusuf Ali

Every soul (kullu nafsin) shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. To Us must ye return. S. 21:35, Yusuf Ali

Every soul (kullu nafsin) shall have a taste of death in the end to Us shall ye be brought back. S. 29:57, Yusuf Ali

This yields the following syllogism:

• P1: All souls will taste death
    • P2: Allah has a soul
    • Therefore, Allah’s soul will taste death
    2. And Allah has a soul:

Soul Man: Shall Allah Taste Death According to the Quran?

Or a video version from another source (2 1/2 minutes):

2. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to the Holy Bible, man was made in the image of God - but that does not mean that we can learn about God's being by looking at man.
    We also learn that God became Man at the incarnation, & suffered death at the moment of which Jesus commended his spirit to his Father.
    As Christians, we too have our mysteries.
    Are we 4-part - heart, soul, mind & strength?

I have seen various attempts at analysing the Koran in the way your quotes do, but I suspect that is foreign to Islamic scholars - I can't support that by quotes.
    I think such analysis is for the benefit of Christian apologetics rather than Muslims reading & questioning their Scriptures. I certainly would not read Islamic scholars who question the Bible, nor give their interpretations any credence.

But to consider your point, the creator has a soul/spirit by which he communicates with men, who are created with souls to respond - by faith or rejection. God is above creation & any creature, whatever he has in common with them. The references are simply examples of a false logic pushed beyond reasonable limits.
    And if Jesus was/is God, how could God die? Surely if he could die, he could not be God? His resurrection proves his deity, & by his resurrection the Father owns his Son as proclaimed by Peter. (Acts 2, Psalm 2, Rom. 1, Heb. 1)

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just proves Allah is NOT Yahweh!

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A more poignant approach might be to ask, Could God make a way for himself to somehow taste death?