1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Am I in sin or is satan after me?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He gave his thoughts on the matter just as everyone else did. More of a problem than the prideful, antagonistic preachers are the bite your head off if my POV is different from yours types.

evangelist, keep on pressing on in Christ. The battle has already been won so you know that God has a great purpose for eveything that He continues to see you through.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Two birds of a feather. Of course you cannot see the clear accusation toward E, you wear the same label.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As opposed to the 20 or so in your clique?

Now come on down off that pride horse. The conversation was going well till you started acting like classic you. You relate to what E is going through because of your own situation.

Salzer is entitled to his opinion just as much as you are entitled to yours.

4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

He ask for opinions webdog, I gave him mine based on his passed post. I would advise anyone that can't find a job to go to work at a prison. You will always have job security, good pay, good retirement.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know, the whole "great plan for your life" thing is such a load of bull hockey, as Col. Potter would say. What I've actually found is that when we are closest to God's will in our lives, the more hits we will get. But when those hits come, we have peace knowing that we are following God and the way is not easy but with our focus on Him, we can get through the storms.

So when tough times come, I see if I am listening to God and spending time with Him, then I put my head down and keep plodding along. That's all we can do!

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You almost had me in complete agreement. :laugh:

I love listening to Christian music: Contemporary. Gospel. Christian rap is growing on me dependent upon my ability to understand what I hear.:laugh:

One of my favorite artists penned a song called "The Battle is not Yours". In it she says:

I LOVE that. Hold your head UP and stick your chest out and let the world know that you're okay with what HE is allowing you to go through to bring glory to Himself.:applause:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, I think of how my body position is when I'm doing something tough. It's not that I'm ashamed and putting my head down but honestly, when I'm pushing a load of hay, my head is down. So when I go through something rough, I think of that - put my head down and push ahead. :)

8. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Well we have something in common Salzer. I was a corrections officer for several years myself. Some inmates were actually inspiring in that they found Christ in jail and never returned again. On the other hand, some inmates were being converted to Islam and it took alot of self controll to not take their Koran book and burn it in the name of Christ when I found them during a cell search!

9. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I never did trust jail house conversions. I have witnessed to many inmates going to weekly church services just to have it on their record when they met the parole board. I have also witnessed them after a church service return to their complex and it was a con's business as usual.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I work in a "modern day employment environment" at a secular college- and have for almost five years now. I share the Gospel every chance I get. I have the respect of my bosses, my co-workers, and most of the students who know I am a Christian and a pastor. Even the h*m*sixuals know I am a pastor, disagree with their lifestyle, but they can come talk with me. Being a Christian does not mean you have to be the enemy of every unbeliever or run off and hide when they start cussing.

Now...

If you have to work on Sundays to pay your bills, DO IT!

That's not from the Devil, it is from the Bible. It is a poor testimony to not pay your bills and then use "God" as an excuse. It slanders His name.

My wife has to work every other weekend. She's just getting started out. After a few months she will not have to work weekends. It's called "paying your dues". Everyone does it.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess chuck Colson conned a lot of us eh? The lord reaches people and saves them wherever they are at, so no difference if in prison cell, or in a church pew!

I helped out in a prison ministry for about a year, and did see some "faking it", byut some really ewxperience new life in Christ!

12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually sir you are like so many Christians today that do not take the day of worship seriously nor do you follow the example set in the first century church. Have you ever read Acts?

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord will bless those that pursue Him. Had a job interview last week for a 1st shift position (no Sundays) have one at 3pm MT for a first shift job, and have another tomorrow for a 1st shift job. My back is still hurting so my job searching has been limited this week, but God will provide for those that pursue and seek His glory.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

The love for one another in this thread is simply breath-taking.

[/sarcasm]

#34 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you brother.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I see that those jobs (as well as truck drivers) are always hiring. But I have to wonder why? Why such a high turnover in those industries? Perhaps because they work you holidays and take you away from your family. Is that one reason? Well Lord willing I wont have to deal with that, as I have had some interviews for first shift no weekends positions. They are harder to find, but they are out there so I gotta just keep pressing. Lord willing I will get the one I am interviewing for today. But if not there will be others.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Working some sundays is not the same as very sunday and not going to church. We need to put God first and He will bless us. I am willing to work sundays but not every sunday as one needs to put God first.

One of the values I learned at Bob Jones was no to work every sunday and to spend time with God.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My advice: stop preaching, get a job even you you have to work Sundays, and pay off your debts. Then preach, then be more picky about your schedule.

You can't serve God AND money, and your debt makes you a servant of money.

So get out of debt first.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats impossible with the level of debt I have and my skill-set.

20. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Working in a prison and driving a 18 wheeler and sleeping at truck stops takes a tuff person. I've done both. To be honest the Truck driving was the hardest. Many just can't cope with sleeping in a different state every night. Working in a prison...well lets just say a day wearing a badge would scare most people home the first day.