1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Am I rightly dividing the word of truth?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Well as they say, you can believe what you will.

Romans 7: 5 says he wasn't in the sinful nature.

Phil 3 says he was complete.

His comments that he was meat, writing to milk are comments to his maturity.

Eph 4 says we are to be as mature as Christ. If that isn't complete I don't know what is.

Col 2:11 says the sinful nature is removed by Christ at a point.

Once its gone the Spirit of God can indwell, but not before, rom 8:9

Then it is no longer you who live, (sinful nature removed) but he who lives in you, (Spirit of God)

At that point you won't give into temptations of the flesh, which is in line with the above comments.

So the thing that makes you do what you don't want to do and nlt do what you wanna do is gone, and the spirit of God, that you will then obey rom 8:5ish and won't let you give into the temptations of the flesh is within you, you are then in Christ. 1 john 3:6 and if you STILL sin, you can't claim to know Him yet, nor that you have even met him. And at that point with the sinful nature gone, the spirit within you, the transition fro. The fleshly life to the spirit of God guiding your life is a fait accompli. Its over, the transition is complete, you are at that point eating cow, not drinking cow. Or, u r mature.

Every line is a verse paraphrased. I understand with your avoidance of scripture you don't like, like rom 7:5, you won't respond to any of this, but I have made my peace with my efforts.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 8

Through Christ we no longer are subject to the wages of sin. We have been given the Spirit of God through Christ, the Spirit of Christ and which frees us from the law of sin and death. However we are still flesh and blood therefore our old nature called in the flesh wars against our new nature called in the Spirit. We because we are still flesh and blood will at times sin and by the Spirit we should confess our sin allowing the blood of Jesus to cleanse us. We are free to walk by the Spirit rather than been being the servants of sin. If we yield to the flesh we cannot please God. We should yield to the Spirit and mortify the deeds of the body which is dead/dying unto Christ. And it is the Spirit which is Life that at the appearing of Jesus will change out mortal bodies to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

#22 percho, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know that I don't agree with you, because I firmly believe that we don't earn the right to receive the Spirit of God but that he gives it to whom he wills. And I believe those who receive the Spirit walk therein. We however walk through hills and valleys.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

fail.

Fail!

Yoi ignored every line above, scripture every one, and just said something that contradicts it. Are you aware of what is written happens teachers that go changing the words around in scripture?

You have just flat out redacted about 15 vs to make your claim. Being free from the penalty of sin, is not BEING INDWELLED BY GOD, THE FLESH IS GONE, AND NOT GIVING INTO TEMPTATIONS. One is atoning salvation which is just the first step to maturation. Christ didn't come to save you. That's childish. He came to change you. Read His prayers in john 17.

Its not about salvation, its about maturation, the change.

You owe me an apology. You have spit in my face about a half dozen times by not answering one verse I gave you that you are contradicting.

Is this the boards motto for being baptist? You must be stubborn and condescending to anyone that shows you scripture that you don't like?

Tell me now, I've had about enough of this abuse. Serious, I can get more intellectual honesty and respect with atheists, agnostics and deists that Hate the typical Xian, than you guys are showing me here.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Please forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems you hold to spiritaul death equating a corpse? Is this what you believe? Please explain this further, okay?

6. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

But, the walk has a destination in this life. And scripture says that destination is the sinful nature/flesh is gone, and the Spirit of God keeps you from surrendering to temptations of the flesh.

Now, that wasn't what I was taught growing up. But, it's what scripture says.

I put my faith in the Word, not in what people say it says.