1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amare Stoudemire over LBJ for first team?!?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by webdog, May 10, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who would rather have Stoudemire (20p - 10r - 1a) over Lebron (27p - 7r - 6a) on their team? Give me a break!:BangHead:

Without Lebron the Cavaliers are a lottery team! Without Stoudemire, the Suns are still one of the best teams in the NBA. Why does the NBA keep shooting itself in the foot? James is the face of the NBA...one of the most famous and popular players world wide, if not the most popular. He brings in millions to the NBA each and every year. LBJ fails to make the All-Star team his first year, when he clearly deserved it...should have won MVP last year...and now this? Come on!

#1 webdog, May 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
  2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

There are a couple of sportswriters that I read regularly who follow the game very closely, and both have said the Lebron pretty much mailed in the first half of the season. I can't speak to whether he really did or not, but I wonder if that played into the decision in any way. Otherwise, I agree with you, webdog. Take away Stoudemire, and the Suns still have Nash to carry them. Take away Lebron, and the Cavs have nobody.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

CC

I think you are correct - I remember from early in the season watching ESPN or TNT - the commentators wondering why bron bron was not taking over games at the end - or passing up the critical shots.

Amare is a 1st teamer as long as he has Nash to get him the ball - and he doesnt have to defend Duncan :). Although I agree webdog - take amare away and phx does fine, take bron bron away and cle goes bye bye (I need to get more sleep)

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think the reason LeBron did not get it is although he had a really good season and is clearly deserving of the award, he did not have the regular season, particularly the first half people expected.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have to remember that LBJ never had an off season, as he was on Team USA throughout the summer. Whether he admits to being tired or not, he had to be. Look what happened to Wade...his body broke down.

To hold that against him is a farce. The writers should trade their pens for sneakers and try to play at his level for an entire year straight. Even when he was coasting on cruise control, he was still better than 99% of the competition (not mailing it in) through the 1st half...and STILL averaged 24 -6 -6...almost what he finished with. That's a lame excuse for not putting him on the first team. He knows his body, and in saving his energy for the second half and playoffs...he put team first, not his stats.

#5 webdog, May 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2007
  6. PastorSBC1303

While what you said is probably true, it in no way affects this award. The people who vote on this do not care, nor should they, what a player does in the offseason.

In reality does it really matter if LBJ is the 5th or the 6th best player in the NBA this year?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...then they shouldn't hold the fact he was saving his body for the second half / playoffs against him either, as was implied.
    It does if you are a top 3 player...maybe top 2. No way are there 4 or even 5 players better than him currently with his skill set. Only knock I have against him is his foul shooting...but Stoudemire's wasn't the greatest, either, and that never kept Shaq out of the top 5.

#7 webdog, May 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2007
  8. PastorSBC1303

LBJ is one of the top 3 players in the league. He is simply battling high expectations for being such a special player. I agree with you he should be on the team. But since he had a first half that did not live up to his high expectations that have been set for him others got selected.