1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured America 'More Racist' Since Obama Became President;...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took it to mean, as I said in the earlier post, as long as there are "Stand Your Ground" laws a victim could be anyone ... kid, adult, male or female. Such laws give an almost perfect out for murder.

Was Zimmerman a murder? The jury said, "No", and we have to accept that as we are a country of law.

But that does not change the danger to everyone with these laws. In actuality it may increase the danger to all.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

One, there is no way you can actually "know" this. Most likely is that your own prejudice colors your view of against those who disagree with the Great Pretender, as to why they disagree with him. Hence you accuse them (us) of "hate" when in reality we speak of the views of liberal politicians across the board with equal disdain. It isn't the person, and it isn't hate. It's the philosophy, and we don't like it.

Ironic in your post is that you acknowledge to Salty the idea that there are conservative black politicians that would be welcomed to the White House by the conservative media talking heads and those who prefer their reporting to that of the rest of the media, but then claim that isn't your point. The irony is, if that isn't your point, then you don't have a point to begin with.

You accuse conservatives of racism, but your acknowledgement that they (we) would welcome such as Dr. Ben Carson to the inauguration to take the oath of office completely defeats your argument of racism. If they (we) were racist, there would be no acceptable black president!. So take your rant somewhere else. It doesn't wash.

#22 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You betray yourself and your own feelings. I accused no one of hate. I SPECIFICALLY said borders on hate.

The irony is that as usual your mouth is running but nothing relevant is coming forth.

Another lie from you. You're getting good at this.

Pure silliness. For one, I didn't present an argument for racism. I t wasn't my story. And two, conservatives welcoming Ben Carson to an inauguration doesn't mean they aren't prejudiced or racist anymore than not welcoming him would mean that they were prejudiced or racist.

Some folks really go out on a limb to try and prove a point and just end up looking ridiculous.

Again, pure foolishness.That doesn't stand anymore than if someone is a born again Christian, there would be no acceptable Jesus rejecting Mormon president. So take your foolishness somewhere else. It washed on down the street with good sense.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Semantics don't hide your true feelings.

A valid response for someone who really has nothing to refute the point made.

You said, and I quote: "Or probably because angry white people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and the people listening to them have done their share of deepening divisions and inflaming tensions between the races with their remarks." Then you tried to soften the blow by saying liberals did similar things when President Bush was in office. That doesn't change the fact that you called Hannity and LImbaugh "angry white people" who have "deepen[ed] divisions and inflam[ed] tensions between the races." But no, you didn't accuse anyone of racism. Really? You're trying to play word games. Let's just cut to the chase and call it what it is, OK?

Bull.

But you sure hastened to post it, didn't you?

I repeat, bull.

You mean like this post of yours I'm dissecting? I agree.

Jibberish. Almost not worth responding to, except to call it what it is. Your colors show far better than you would like, or intend.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Apparently you do not know what Stand Your Ground Laws are.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering this thread is generating way more heat (steel blast furnance level) from both sides and this is on its thrid page, I am closing it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.