1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

America Reopening

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many people want perfection ! - That will never happen - there will always be gamble when you go out in public.
    Should we open 100% - of course not. But we do need to start reopening. If a barber shop has 3 chairs - open up, but only 1 barber, If a cafe has 15 tables - open up with 3 tables, ect.
    Here in New York - all the Salvation Army stores are closed - 1) people who need jobs are required to stay home. - Open up the SA - maybe only 1/2 of the employees - with one - standing by the door - letting only "X" of people in at a time.
    My dentist has been required to cancel my two dental appointments - uncalled for.

Lets start using some common sense.

Now, if you don't want to be near me - fine - but keep in mind that the govt now is NOT requiring to stay inside your home.

One last thing - compare the virus death rate to other causes:

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Indeed. There are also gambles in shutting down economies. NY is seeing a spike in murders, now.

Murder, Burglary Soars in New York City During Coronavirus Lockdown

Over the last 28 days, in the middle of the lockdown, murders in New York City have jumped more than 55 percent compared to this same time last year, when there were no lockdown orders in place.

Between April 13 to April 19, murders increased 100 percent compared to the same week last year. From year-to-date, murders are up by 5.7 percent.

Likewise, grand larceny auto — a crime that no longer warrants bail in New York — has increased more than 53 percent compared to last year. Specifically, there have been 500 charges for auto theft in the last 28 days. During that same time in 2019, there were 326 charges for auto theft.

Over the last week, grand larceny auto crimes across the city have jumped 50.5 percent and they are up more than 62 percent overall since the year before — the largest spike in crime year-to-date for any major category.

The lockdown has also not stopped the rise of burglary in New York City — another crime that in many cases allows the suspect to be released from jail without ever paying bail.

Burglaries are up by 25 percent in the last 28 days and up by more than 36 percent in the last week. From January 1 to April 19, burglaries are up 27.1 percent compared to this same time last year.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a blasphemous woman and writer. What in the world would possess someone to post her?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, I’m counting

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In order to beat your enemies need to know your them.

There are people who will believe this lady 100%

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, a total hyper-political dingbat trying to tell people who love lies how to think!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably the best indicator of how this will go is watch Georgia. Atlanta is not a small town. With things opening up (with restrictions) we should be able to see if there is a sharp rise in deaths/ cases or if opening with precautions is manageable.

My wife works packing lunches for the school kids. Three of her group tested positive and one is in critical condition. That was in a very short time, so perhaps we will have a new model to examine shortly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it’s people like her (like them) who tempt me toward Darwinism, as they exhibit the monkey mindset so convincingly. For example, by their own illogic “not believing in Darwinism is Darwinism” is Darwinism.

In reality, it’s a powerful reminder there is a devil. However, my comment was provoked by looking deeper. But I don’t really want to talk about it.

10. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is strange because we have been under a stay at home order.

What that means us we have to stay at home except for:

1. Going to work.
    2. Buying groceries or other necessities.
    3. Buying guns.
    4. Going to church (if they are open).
    5. Exercise.
    6. Taking care of a pet.
    7. Medical needs.
    8. Recreation.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm wondering something! Those who have on-air jobs at the TV stations - I assume that before they go on air - they have make up applied? And possibly a little work done on their hair? Would that include cutting hair??? So are there some hairdressers on the payroll???

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen the “Mrs. Betty Bowers” satirical routine before. Deven Green plays the part, created and written by Andrew Bradley.

upload_2020-5-2_7-15-31.jpeg

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the info, and glad to know you are already familiar with that Jezebel, but next time could you find a way to use a larger font? It could barely be read at 20 paces without spectacles. Requesting for a friend, who thanks you in advance. :Wink