1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

American Leadership Institute and Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Broadus, May 2, 2006.

1. Broadus

Broadus Member

I've been away from BB for a few days, but I did a search and nothing came up about American Leadership Institute and Seminary.

Anyway, does anyone know what is going on with this new entity evidently established by Luther Rice University?

Bill

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

looks like they've got a bunch of people from LRS to help out...and everybody has their wife serving on faculty as well

looks thoroughly unaccreditted, the .org suffix on the webaddress is proof enough.

seems to be a close relation with LRS, being that it is 30 miles away and their catalog does say that students can use the LRS library.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is certainly strange...

"The academic programs at the American Leadership Institute and Seminary are designed to prepare you for leaderships positions in the church, government, business."

The problem is that this "school" is not accredited (and it is distance). Government agencies are not suppose to hire folks with those kinds of degrees. If I am not mistaken there were several arrests in the past few years of people who had these type of unaccredited degrees working for the government. In short I would not advise anyone to attend that school. I don't care if it is associated with Luther Rice.

Also what "government" or "business" looks for people with MDiv degrees (ministry degrees)? Something is very fishy about that. The website looks incomplete and the email is "bellsouth". Also the schools "catalog" looks alot like the LRU catalog (style, wording, etc), several of the faculty are the same (w/ wives). Very strange.

Want my opinion? It looks like several people from LRU are trying to start a new school. Thus the close relationship with LRU.

Martin.

4. Nord

Nord New Member

I have not really look at it (had trouble with the web page). It does not make sense for LRS to do it since they could simply petition TRACS for permission to offer new areas of study and provide TRACS with evidence that they were qualified to offer the new emphasis (qualified faculty, etc).

The connection issue above is interesting. Kind of like Trinity Theological Seminary and Masters Divinity School. I understnad they are indeed separate now but it apparently was not always so (similar web site, people, etc).

Strange indeed.

North

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Curious, to say the least. :confused: :confused:

Ed