1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured American Pride

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about others but I'm getting pretty sick of all the negativity about our country from within. American pride seems to be at an all time low. I believe a lot of this comes from the Progressive Globalism agendas from those who have lead our country and have been attacking our Nationalism for the last 8 years. I really hope to start seeing some positive ideas and attitudes towards our country from the people who live here and truly start take some pride in our exceptionalism. In fact, I'm thinking it a pretty good idea and much more peaceful to just focus on and talk about the positive and to ignore by all means available all the sources of negativity that tend to thrive on the attention getting of trying to bringing us down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are people getting these negative ideas and attitudes about our great country?

"Homicides last year increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. They are up nearly 60% in nearby Baltimore.

Nearly Four in 10 African-American children are living in poverty, while 58% of African American youth are not employed."

"We have a country that needs new roads, new tunnels, new bridges, new airports, new schools.”

“We owe $20 trillion, and we’re a mess."

"Flying into U.S. airports like LaGuardia in New York feels like visiting a third-world country."

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You feel like that's what is causing all the hate coming from the left? When they are responsible for mosy of it.?

Is that why everything that comes out of their mouths is reduced to racism, "islamaphobia", and "xenophobia"? And they never address the problems you mention.

Really?

Is it that simple?

What is your source of these brilliant deductions, They're in quotation marks. You must have a source.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Well, there was a lot said by Juan. But you said team of radicals. This is the kind of stuff that has turned people against Washington, D.C. And these type -- this -- these types of lines against true patriots, who sacrificed for their country, who are beloved among the men and women in the military, who actually do the heavy lifting for all of us. Mattis, General Mattis, is one of the most beloved Marines of the last 50 years. General Flynn is considered one of the pre-eminent intelligence experts of our age.

To throw out these lines, a team of radicals, that serves nobody's interest. If you have a substantive disagreement with their approach to fighting terror or their approach to intelligence, that's fine. But these blithe comments, I think, have poisoned political discussion in this country, and I think it's exactly why people despise this city."

Laura Ingraham to Juan Williams

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Donald Trump, Republican candidate for President, acceptance speech, July 21, 2016.

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t find listing some things that need to be fixed and are in the plans for improvement in our country to be negative ideas, but rather I see it as maintaining commitment and reassuring a positive stance for the future. However, I do find someone trying to suggest the mere listing of those things that are on the schedule to be improved to be negative ideas, for nothing more than the purpose of attempting to put down the next President, to be exactly the kind of negative attitude that I am talking about that I'm getting sick of listening to and needs to start changing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard that conversation today, good example! Laura really nailed it...there was no legitimate reason for Juan to be on such a ugly negative path.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did it start? IMO, I trace it back to "reverend" Wright publicly asking God to curse America with a pass from Obama who went on a global snivel trip begging forgiveness for America's sins and bowing to foreign dignitaries adding insult to injury to the both the American people and the office of the presidency.

It was all down hill from there.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So during the campaign is was fine and dandy to list all the things wrong with America, end with a flourish, "And only I can fix them", but now it's considered gauche and offensive? Understood.

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. I find it difficult to even wrap my mind around the mindset of those who would admire and/or even approve of their leadership showing disesteem for their own homeland as he went about to disrepute our nation in front of the world. What a stark difference between that and the positive and loyal pride in our American exceptionalism that I expect to come out from within the direction of our new leadership. My hope is that the new positive momentum quickly overrides the drawing out of the picture of infamy we’ve sadly been subjected to.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too bad Trump doesn't agree with American exceptionalism. So you will be waiting a long time for the new leadership to embrace it.

"I watch Obama say 'American exceptionalism' (Trump makes disgusted face) I don't like the term American exceptionalism. Essentially you are saying we're more outstanding than you. [When you say] American exceptionalism, you're insulting the world. When I see these politicians get up and say 'American Exceptionalism', and we're dying. We $19 trillion in debt..."

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But ITL apparently you didn't watch the whole video. He doesn't like the term because its not true as we are 19 trillion in debt and everyone is "eating our lunch". "I want us to be exceptional" is his wish.

Watch the whole video folks.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump doesn’t like the in your face use of the term and goes on to say he doesn’t need the term. He doesn’t think we should say it as it doesn’t even currently really apply and shouldn’t be used as an in your face statement anyway, but he said that there’s nothing wrong with thinking it, just that we shouldn’t rub it in. That is a far cry from your conclusion that “Trump doesn't agree with American exceptionalism” and doesn’t “embrace” it – (The belief that the United States is inherently different from other nations and that it is special.)

In short, Trump knows we’re special and doesn’t see the need to rub it in with the term, therefore he doesn’t like the term, he knows we’re special without it. Sorry, but too bad for you that your cherry picking out of that content really seems to conveniently miss the simple point being made…which is being proud of one's nation doesn't need to rubbed in other's faces.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put it on a hat and wear it in public, I suppose. MAGA!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

16. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaaaaand thread. :Laugh

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep - Those with liberal tendencies that sympathize with Progressive Globalism will naturally take opposition to others having American National Pride as sure as a vegetarian will show their true colors when you put meat on their plate. LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    are these Trump quotes?

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose so. Too bad there aren't any of those people posting in this thread. Makes me wonder why you changed your tack and started making accusations. Oh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Context, my friend, CONTEXT!! Be honest!!! :Whistling Even though he doesn't meet your approval, he's still the next POTUS, unless the demoncrats have some trick up their sleeve!
    Oh, and he is still 1000% + better than the alternative - regardless of your still (a'la Juan Williams) baseless snipes and subtle wishes for the alternative.

• Agree Agree x 1