1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Americans Prefer Christ in Christmas

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More than two-thirds (67%) of Americans think that Christmas is more about Jesus Christ than about Santa Claus. The survey of 1000 American adults conducted on Dec. 9-10 by Rasmussen Reports demonstrates that Americans consider Christmas a day of religious significance more than a day of bustling consumerism.

Despite public school trends of focusing more on a Winter Holiday than an active Christmas celebration, the survey also exposed that a whopping 75% of American adults believe that Christmas should be celebrated in public schools. Just 15% of those surveyed do not feel Christmas should be celebrated in public schools.

The survey also revealed when shopping at stores during Christmas time, two-thirds (66%) of Americans prefer to see signs that say "Merry Christmas" while only 21% prefer "Happy Holidays."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Reports-Americans-Prefer-Christ-in-Christmas

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another interesting survey question:

Do you know that Christmas is short for Christ's Mass?

So what?-- Another good survey point.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always has to be someone to throw a negative spin on everything. Even so come Lord

4. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mass of Christ is not spin but rather an abomination on the order of idolatry--a bloodless sacrifice by sinful men.

Have a happy crucifixion-seems an oxymoron for sure.

Now what?

Peace,

Bro. James

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lord please help those who make much out of nothing.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer Christ in every day of my life.....not just man made holidays. Any day I can set aside to glorify my lord, show charity to those in need, love my family is a good day for me. Make it a day to give back, show some joy & praise the Lord.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

[url='https://www.google.com/search?q=origins+of+the+word+%22christmas%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-beta&channel=sb"]Google Definitions[/URL]​
    How is displaying the linguistic accuracy of the word "negative spin"? No offense (I pray) Rev, but that's a nonsense comment.