1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An abortion thread

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber, Oct 25, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Speed Gracer,

I knew the very moment I conceived a child. I don't know HOW I knew. I KNEW. I had been trying for awhile, and each time, before any "signs" or "tests" or standard "yes or no" things could be determined, I knew I had not, and I knew the moment I did.

I felt the life in me, and I praised God for it. Doctors and family laughed at me. Said it was too early, it wasn't a life, and a lot of other lies.

Same thing happened the second time I conceived.

Now, YOU may look at it and say, "It wasn't a life until 8 weeks," but I took the test at 5 weeks, and at 5 weeks the doctors said, "You're right. You ARE pregnant."

The first life you are claiming is "just an egg and sperm" is now a missionary. The second is an amazing musician and honors student with a heart for God.

The Bible says that God breathed life into man out of the dust of the ground. That breath of life is STILL moving in this world.

Why is there a need to kill it if, as you suggest, it isn't going to turn into a human being? Why "abort" if it is "just the components of life and not really life?"

Because you KNOW, and every abortionist in this world knows, there is a TREMENDOUSLY large chance that if you leave it alone it WILL become a human being and you don't want it to.

And knowing that you are ending a life is murder.

Why do people try to pretend it is not?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So you could kill a four week old baby where the heart, digestive system, backbone and spinal cord and started development?

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Something else to think about.

In 1960 my children's grandmother "miscarried". That is what the doctor's called it. Her baby was born at 7 months, and 1960 babies didn't live if they didn't make it to 8 months.

She happened to give birth in a catholic hospital so they gave the baby "last rites". Told her to plan a funeral.

Around 1980 a friend of mine also "miscarried." I don't know exactly how early Francine was, but I know that she only weighed 2 1/2 pounds, and that the doctors told Shirley there was no hope. That they couldn't figure out why she was still alive, but that it would be a waste of time and money to try to keep her alive. Francine graduated from college a few years ago, and is married.

The survival age for babies born premature keeps getting moved back.

How many were aborted in the "late term" whose parents were told, "It isn't a baby," when it was?

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Why does God abort 75% of the people he conceives?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I must say that I am stunned that there are Christians who take human life so cheaply - if there is a problem, just kill it before it gets to big. We only want perfect, wanted children, kill all the rest.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That is up to God, the willful murder of the unborn by humans is sin. Since God allows some people to die in car accidents dies that make it okay for us to run them down?

7. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Billwald,

God, technically, aborts 100% of the people He conceives. He just waits a WHOLE lot longer with the Rosa Parks of this world.

It is GOD's right and choice. Not ours.

8. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

C4K, you seem very angry about abortion. See my poll in the forum for polls. Your a man. Of coarse you are more reluctant to say "I would raise the child".

9. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Exodus 20

10. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

God is not a murderer, is He?

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

God is not a murderer, is He? </font>[/QUOTE]God is perfect, man is not. We cannot know the mind of God. Since God allows people to die does that mean we have the same right - NO!

12. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Speed Gracer,

Are you suggesting that a man of God has less right in determining the survival or death of a child he conceived than a woman has?

That is the most unbiblical claim that comes out of pro-abortion groups. It is also a serious flaw in the abortion system of America.

A woman's choice in keeping or killing a baby is not influenced, legally, by the father's will, but the woman can force the father to pay for whatever choice she makes as if she conceived the child alone.

13. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

No one told God that He did not have the right to end life. God DID tell man that only God has the right to do so.

14. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am very angry at the murder of precious children. I took you poll, flawed as it is. My wife and I have raised 6 children. If my wife were to be raped she and I would raise the child as our own, she would have it no other way.

If my daughter were to be raped and she could not raise the child we would for her.

I will never condone the murder of an innocent child just because of who its father is.

16. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

C4K, so your saying that God has the right to kill innocent babys, even though they have known no sin?

17. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Unfortunately, the father cannot always be found. :(

18. kubel

kubel New Member

If God knew man was going to sin, and that he would have to send his Son to die as their sacrifice, why did God even make man?

Don't try to second guess God. You and I have a finite mind that is often in error. God does not. He is perfect.

Murdering babies makes me sick, I can hardly believe you support it.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

God has the right to do whatever He wants.

We do not have the right to kill children.

20. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I think I was misunderstood, somewhat. I do not support abortion in any way, I do believe, though, I can feel where speed gracer is coming from. I also believe that many women, who are raped, who also consider abortion are torn. The right thing to do is keep the baby, but if it means losing your own life, when you already have a family you love dearly, I understand the immense heart wrenching pain involved. I also understand the woman who may lose her husband and father of her children if she has her rapist's baby. Does that mean abortion is right? No, of course not, but I still understand her pain. Besides, many women who consider abortion are not Christians. This also must be taken into consideration, especially if they are decieved into believing when life actually begins. They would be more inclined to hear someone with an understanding heart, than someone who calls them murderers (even if that is waht they are doing).