1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An article I'm reading here.................

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tater77, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

I'm reading an article here on MSNBC and the last 3 paragraphs stood out to me

"It's terribly important that we all address the issue of moral decay," Granatstein said. "We have to recover the greatness of Judaism, and the only way to do that is to emphasize its moral message."

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, author of the book "The Blessings of Enough," said it's impossible to be a good Jew without being a good person, too. Jews have overlooked ostentatious displays of wealth at lavish bar mitzvahs and weddings for too long, he said.

"I salute the call to return to our call values," said Boteach, of Englewood. "We need to start filling the empty spaces in ourselves with more purpose and good deeds, instead of money and impulse purchases."

It seems to me that Someone already did this, though many didn't listen to Him. Does anyone else see the irony here? The Sermon on the Mount for a good start?!?!?!

See the full article here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32903047/ns/us_news-faith/

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've known about Rabbi Shmuley for years. He's awesome. He os author of the book "Shalom in the Home".