1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured An elephant in the sanctuary: Duggar family?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

True. But these aspersions are the result of somebody's quest for fame and fortune.

I can't help but think about how different this could have been if they had not done their show.

Because again, when Oprah found out in 2006, you would think that would have been it for mom and dad. Our little dirty secret is no longer a secret.

Yet they started a show two years later.

God help those girls.

I still think child protective services needs to investigate and find out where Josh "learned" this behavior.

There are still kids in that house.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Far be it for me to cast any "stones." I think Jesus wrote something in the sand and they all left.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we all know where he learned it from, after all his parents have 19 kids. Which means his parents are doing something, but that something is not wrong in their context.
    I do hope that you were just as outraged at Lena Dunham who has shown no remorse for her actions toward her sister. Josh is owing up to his actions and has pointed to this time as a time God used to break him and bring him to a saving knowledge. Very different from bragging about it in a book like Lena.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Dugger clan formerly worshiped at FBC Springdale (they lived next to the megachurch and it was said they had to move due to its property expansion). In their first TV specials they were living in a tiny rented house while building their new one themselves.

News stories have quoted Dr. Ronnie Floyd (current Southern Baptist Convenion President and head of the 'CrossChurch' chain, formerly FBC Springdale) as 'the Duggars' pastor'. Apparently not presently but formerly, as they had already turned to 'home churching' as their television celebrity ramped up. Perhaps they left the church as a result of the molestations?

#24 Jerome, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  5. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say what?!? Biblical Christianity and Westboro have no business being in the same sentence, or paragraph.

:tonofbricks:

#25 HeDied4U, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, even Christian homes have their serious problems.

The world certainly calls the church to task when these kind of issues come forth.

Very clearly a double standard when TV and movie stars who openly flaunt immorality are praised as talented and given a get-out-of-jail-free card for evil behavior.

And this was the case with David, the heathen blasphemed God.

We all need to take heed : 2 Peter 3
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.

There is at least some saving grace with all the weeping and remorse, the world needs to see that as well though they won't take note.

Pray for the girls and Josh as well.

HankD

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are the church Matt. All that profess Christ as Savior are the church. This makes the Duggar's part of the church that Jesus died for. Thus I am suggesting that the church as a whole need to support each other in times of good and bad! The church is not a building ... it is the people who love Jesus and follow Him.

http://www.gotquestions.org/body-of-Christ.html

PLUS: Paul instructed us to rejoice when another rejoices, and weep when they weep! Should the church, which I am a part of be supportive and protective of this family, or should the church drop them and leave them by the wayside for the scavengers to pick off their bones in a feeding frenzy?

For your scriptural enlightenment: 1 Cor. 12:2-27 says, "…And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it."

Make what you want of this, Matt, but that is what I meant by the "church!"

BTW - The church of Christ transcends all denominational barriers, bloodlines, cultures, skin colors, etc. We are the church and no one body of believers has a hold on the title! :1_grouphug:

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:praying: AMEN! :praying:

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [off topic comment removed]

#29 righteousdude2, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  10. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, you're right. But pay attention to the details...I said anything that smacks of Christianity. That means 'in the eyes of our sinful society anything that smacks of Christian belief and practice (however hypocritical) is going to be attacked by those who hate us."

11. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Many of us have walked the painful path of having a child in the family who commits crime against other children. For some it has been sexual abuse, for others physical abuse, etc.

But here is what we learned first hand when an adopted child began acting out inappropriately sexually:

They are still your child. You still love them, and are still legally responsible for them. You have limited options. Residential treatment is frightfully expensive, has long waiting lists for a slot, and usually makes them worse, not better. We went this route and learned the hard way.

Because of their youth they are not likely to go to prison. Maybe a few months in a training center, maybe not.

And then you have to temper the action or you will actually in all likelihood harm the victim child more than they have already been hurt.

And then spiritually, if you believe God can save a person doing evil deeds, like Josh, and make them a new creation, what would you do differently than the Duggars?

Let them with no parenting failures cast the first stone. And remember the liberal left hated them BEFORE this came out for taking a strong stand. Had Josh not been working for the Family Research Council and speaking against gay sex and abortion, would this have even been aired? And how moral or legal was it to out the VICTIMS?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The victims were outed because the parents needed to be on tv. I say again, they knew that the info was out in 2006. They started their show in 2008.

I agree about the adoptive kids. They are still yours and you do what you have to to try to make things better for them in spite of what was done to them to bring about their own wrong behavior.

But Josh LEARNED his behavior from someone older.

13. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to what scripture???

You and I agree on a lot, but you have turned utterly worldly in this thread.

Because of the first sin of Adam, sin entered the physical realm. Adam was made from the dust of the ground, and God told him "cursed is the GROUND from whence you came"

Romans 8 tells us that the whole creation is waiting for renewal. Jesus went around healing people as a word picture for spiritual cleansing.

The gist ???

That we have a disease in our flesh, which is in a battle against our spirit. You, me, and everyone ever born has this disease. Romans 8:3...sinful flesh.

He didn't have to learn his behavior from anybody, he was born into sinful flesh, sinful body. And it has perverted desires.

Your perverted desires may be different from his, but you still have them. Your desire to turn to the world (DFS) for "investigation" is about the most traitorous, treacherous proposal a believer could ever contrive.

And your whole premise betrays your ignorance of biblical data on our struggle between the spirit and the flesh

But, I will say that many people want to forgive this heterosexual atrocity, while condemning the one who follows homosexual perversion. That reeks, too

#33 JamesL, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [second attempt to make this about race - that will earn time off the BB. I truly hate this and it MUST stop]

#34 righteousdude2, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.