1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An ignorant Limey asks...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Matt Black, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting editorial in The Times today arguing that both the US and UK systems are deficient (no kidding!) but suggesting the French model as a solution...

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of the heat generated in the "town hall" meetings comes spill over from other actions by the Congress and the Administration. There is a sense of frustration over the" bail out" and other items of the Obama\Congressional agenda. I think the Administration also overestimated their actual hard core support. So, they were shocked I tell you shocked to see the push back at the town halls. Like their Labour counterparts, they think they know what's best for the working man even if the working man thinks the contrary.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

The working man isn't as smart as the progressives who know what's best for everyone. And, what's best for everyone is more big brother meddling in our lives. No thanks!!

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Keith, thanks for the illumination of your post. I have to say that I'm impressed with the system and idea of town hall meetings - it's a much more direct and participatory form of democracy than anything we have here - with the exception of public hustings during the general election, but the politicos are only after our votes then. And don't get me started on Gordon Brown and Labour....:mad:

5. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Have any of you ever noticed that God, throughout the whole bible, seems to favor localized government and does favor highly centralized government? Of course Jesus also taught personal resonsibility in taking care of the poor, not government responsibility, but why confuse things with the facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.