1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Ode To Me !

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

It really doesn't discribe me at all Rippon or most of those you are debating on this board. It is a lie. A way to poke or make fun of the ones who disagree with you. I see from a web search there are a lot more songs for calvinist that poke fun of their elitism and yet no one has posted them.
    YOu and Nept this is not an arguement (c/A) for truth it is that "I am right and you are wrong". Has nothing to do with God's glory just your selfish attitude of "I and I only hold the truth. It shows, you are not kidding anyone.

By the way have been going to a bible study using Piper's book "Don't waste your life" and we ended up talking about "open theism"(all calvinist) and it was aparent that most non- calvinist do not believe in open theism. Really that is quite evident if you really listen to folks.

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

You ever notice that Ted Kennedy does not like to be called "liberal"? </font>[/QUOTE]Its not really a cry of pigeon hole. It is a cry of "that is not what I believe." I think that has been proven over and over again. It is really the poor defining and thinking on calvinist side for these terms and then trying to make all fit into them. It just doesn't work. Yet ignorance, yes, people without really knowing what they are talking about, continue on with the showing of their ignorance.
    People believe things for different reasons. It may not be the same reason you did so lets not assume.

3. doulous

doulous New Member

It really doesn't discribe me at all Rippon or most of those you are debating on this board. It is a lie. A way to poke or make fun of the ones who disagree with you. I see from a web search there are a lot more songs for calvinist that poke fun of their elitism and yet no one has posted them.
    YOu and Nept this is not an arguement (c/A) for truth it is that "I am right and you are wrong". Has nothing to do with God's glory just your selfish attitude of "I and I only hold the truth. It shows, you are not kidding anyone.

By the way have been going to a bible study using Piper's book "Don't waste your life" and we ended up talking about "open theism"(all calvinist) and it was aparent that most non- calvinist do not believe in open theism. Really that is quite evident if you really listen to folks.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Tim, I'd glad you shared that story of the bible study you are attending. You bring up a good point about "most non- calvinist do not believe in open theism." In order not to hijack this thread I am going to start a new one titled, "Logical Inconsistency." Tim, I am interested in your thoughts once you read the thread.

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

But not you, you are the man. You are special, chosen and always right. Hogwash, the spirit within you shows no fruit of the Spirit of God. There is no love in you for your fellow mankind. You are chosen so the hell with the rest of the world. You don't care if others do come to salvation or what you claim is the truth. It is all of the flesh, that you are right and worthy of nothing more.

5. mnw

mnw New Member

What are some calvinists going to talk about when they get to Heaven and it is no longer an issue?

6. doulous

doulous New Member

Well since Calvinist's believe in Soli Deo Gloria (glory to God alone), I suppose we will be doing that...giving God all the glory. That is the heart of Calvinism.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

We'll rent the hall next to the free willer's, where they'll be holding a party congratulating each other. "See? I told you we made the right decision!"

8. doulous

doulous New Member

We'll rent the hall next to the free willer's, where they'll be holding a party congratulating each other. "See? I told you we made the right decision!" </font>[/QUOTE]Me thinks the Lord has a BIG woodshed and those of us on the B.B. will be taken back there first! :rolleyes:

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. doulous

doulous New Member

I'm curious. I was honest enough to state that Christ only died for the elect (limited atonement). Are there any on the "other" side who are honest enough to say that man does cooperate with God in salvation?

11. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Especially when they find out they're wrong. [​IMG]

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I'll second the laughs! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ed

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Jack,
    It could be that Calvinists will be assigned to pray people out of purgatory (the elect of course). ;)

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

accused of thowing gas on the fire after all that was posted before me and nothing was said, could it be because of calvinism?

15. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

We're chasing rabbits again. We're suppose be giving Rippon praise and glory--and, of course, a little bit to God.