1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ANALYSIS: Are evangelicals fractured & losing influence in the public square?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Jun 15, 2009.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you are not posting the actual financial statement so we can see what you are saying. Just show us where the missing information should be, and tell us how they can correct the problem.
    You summarized your very long post #51 by this statement (which means you considered it to be a major point in your argument)
    You seem to be making an accusation against agencies within the SBC.
    That accusation is that at least $5,000,000 has been misappropriated by someone.

The misappropriation of the $5 million has been covered up by the agencies in their financial statements by not giving an account of every penny given to executives and employees.

Now, all I am asking you is that you show us the proof of your accusation. That at least $5 million is missing, and that it is hidden in the agencies non-reporting of employee and executive pay.

Can you back up your accusation with proof or not?

peace to you:praying:

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You did read enough to notice that. Did you read the entire article though? If you did read what I actually posted then you will realize that I made more than one declarative statement and not every one of them were about Hunt. One was about Draper and another about Blackaby. Why do you lump them together when I did not?

If you were to simply read what your own brethren wrote, then you just might realize the truth of what they are trying to tell people just like you in the convention but are not listening. It is not new news at all. If you were to read Lectures To My Students by Spurgeon he writes of the importance of listening to criticism.

So are you saying that one of your leaders, Henry Blackaby is wrong?

For a man that claims to know so much about church planting how many churches have you planted in the SBC? If you were involved in any church plants you would easily know the percentage of failures in church starts? It is no big deal and is common knowledge everywhere among those who have planted churches.

Do you know how many churches Paul started actually exist today?

What does that have to do with the OP? However, if you really believe that then could you explain how your action according to Proverbs 17:9; 17:19; and 19:11 is very wise?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When my family has lived in states where religion is a part of culture we have been shocked at how little strength the religious Christians have and what they complain about in society. They seem to be more about complaining about society and changing it than what really matters. When society gets more and more liberal then the evangelical Christians quickly realize that the gospel is about Christ and changed lives and not politics.

Christianity is not about social justice but about Christ.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Great post!!! :thumbsup:

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who do you think?

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually you are trying, very poorly I might add to place their words in your won context. Nothing they have said supports your assertion.

This has nothing to do with the convention as a whole living like practical atheists.

[/QUOTE]

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your hated of the convention is astounding and very clear. It is time to grow up and move on.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is obvious that your clarity has not been cleansed. Could you quote me where I ever made such a statement.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you forget Proverbs 6:16 There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue"

Your post reminds me of something Ben Franklin was told as a young man.

11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I posted a link to the actual report page. It is available in a PDF format. That is the actual report with line items. Please let me know if I need to be more specific. :)

Here is the link to the PDF of the 2008 report: http://www.sbcec.org/bor/2008/2008SBCAnnual.pdf

I think you're misreading my posts. I didn't say it was a misappropriated funds, rather I suggest that there is far too many funds being spent stateside and not enough being directly funneled to the missionaries in the field.

I was being a bit hyperbolic, but the point sticks. Read the Annual and see the line items. If you can find specifics on pay package and executive compensation please show us.

The burden is on you since you've spent the last several posts confusing the issue, and have ignored my that:

A. The compensation is very minor point of my overall argument

B. You have yet to respond to my correcting your erroneous accusations against me.

Until B is accomplished I suspect we are talking past each other.

Go to the link, read the report, digest it, come back and talk specifics.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you remember when Lee Iacocca sought to being Chrysler around and terminated one vice president each month for 32 months? Who would start the ball rolling though?

13. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well somebody needs to. Otherwise in five years we'll come to a month, look at the bank accounts, and realize we can't pay or provide for our missionaries. That is the great tragedy looming on the horizon.

My hope is that we can push the power drunk and myopic captians overboard and right the ship before we hit the coming icebergs. Otherwise we'll all hear about the dismantling of SBC like we've seen the dismantling of GM, Chrysler, and other recent corporations.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Years ago I lived in a city where not much was done and people eventually got tired of the nonsense by the greed eaters. They were making an effort ot protect their investment and to prevent any kind of growth. The people in the city voted out every city council member. From that point forward the city as been doing well with good controls and responsible growth. My personal opinon is that there is too much nepotism going on for anyone to do something.

15. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to be more specific.

I only have dial-up service in area that I live. I have attempted to access the report, but have limited success. What I have seen is 148 pages of financial declosures. Lots of spread-sheets. Lots of technical, legal language.

Now, I am asking you again... since you can access it and know how to read it, go to one of the seminaries (pick Patterson's), and show us how the compensation for employees is explained in the financial report.

Show us what you are talking about. Prove your point. If Patterson's compensation package is not clear, then you will go a long way to convincing me.

Show me, from the financial statements, the amount of monies being used for missionary support verses what is spent on seminaries and executive committee.

Show us what you are talking about. Prove your point.
    Please show me the exact accusation that I have made against you, and I will respond.

peace to you:praying: