1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

and a KJV...

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though this appears to be political - I am emphasizing, what I put in bold......

On FB someone state:
    This is my opinion. We have now witnessed the final results of a democracy instead of a constitutional republic. Majority rules in a democracy. What happens when the majority of people are wicked and hellish? The evidence is clearly before us today.

and a response stated:
    "If they would put term limits, dope limits, and give them a KJV, a lot of things might change."

(Bold my emphasis)

Thoughts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I disagree about giving them a KJV. Not too long ago a very articulate poster on this forum, who I figured was a highly educated person, responded to a comment someone made about the KJV , that he would need to carry a dictionary with him if he were to use the KJV.

This comment drove home to me the stark reality that highly intelligent and educated people like those who are changing our republic will not grasp the simplicity of the words of the KJV usually and it is because they cannot understand them. If articulate and highly educated Baptists cannot understand them without a dictionary, what chance do the unwashed have?

No, giving them a KJV Bible will take us backward. Back to when the family unit was strong in our nation and boys and girls were not confused about which bathroom to use. When we pledged allegiance to God and the flag and when our government leaders were statesmen who made righteous laws and not just politicians looking for a payoff. When killing babies for any reason violated God's moral law, etc, etc.

So, the only people in Washington that might be simple minded enough to benefit from a KJV is maybe Fetterman and Biden and Kamala. Most of the others are much too smart. Best to give them a newer translation/translations that everyone understands. I am not sure about the term limits but we should limit the dopes, I think.

That is my thoughts on it.

#2 JD731, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think the dope limit would help. Dopes are multiplying too quickly in our democracy nowadays. :D

• Funny Funny x 1