1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angel Stadium Declaration

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Angel Stadium Declaration: April 17, 2005
    by John Fischer

On April 6, 1980, 205 people attended Saddleback Valley Community Church’s first public worship service. On Sunday, April 17, 2005, 30,000 people gathered at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California, to celebrate 25 years of ministry at Saddleback Church. At the culmination of a three-hour service of worship and remembrance, thousands rose to their feet to read the following together as a commitment to doing God’s will for the next 25 years. It is and will be referred to as The Angel Stadium Declaration: April 17, 2005. I offer it to our devotional readers for the inspiration that it was to me. I suggest you print it and put it where you can refer to it often. That’s what I’m going to do.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

It is not difficult to see why God is blessing this church. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Sounds like a double minded persons prayer to finally make up their mind to abandon themselves to Christ.

That should be something we do at our baptism. One of the best things for young Christians to see is the older ones full out for the lord.

Btw I dont mean this post to be negative [​IMG]

David

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I once heard Rick Warren say, "You cannot grow a large church with selfish people." The larger the church, the more selfless it must be. Those people will get little of the pastor's personal attention he once gave when the church started.

5. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

So David, let me get this straight - on the day you were baptized you were as fully surrendered to Christ as you would ever be and you understood his call on your life as much as you ever could. At no time since your baptism have you ever grown to a greater understanding of God or a deeper surrender of your life? You Da Man!

6. David Michael Harris

No, far from it, but as a young Christian I had the potential and I guess I was affected by my surroundings.

I guess I harbour a hurt in my heart. When I was baptized I was on fire as you could say for my faith but as I got more and more involved with church life my flame dwindled.

I know its of no use to blame others, I just wish I had done better from the start. I think the church has a massive responsibility to young converts especially when they come straight from the world into a completely new culture.

I would like to talk more about this without judging others but at the moment I find that difficult.

When I got saved I had been resisting God for months and one night at about 19:30 hours I was with 3 Christians in a open house sort of place in Llanishen village on the out skirts of Cardiff and I just got down on my knees and confessed God as God my sin as my sin and Jesus as my Saviour.

The very moment I said Amen, all the bells started to ring in the church across the road and my new friend Sue Clarke said angels were rejoicing in heaven.

I was aware of that happening because I received the Holy Spirit there and then, afterwards I literally skipped home because like the Phillipian jailor ' I now believed in God'

May God be praised

And remember how James and Peter talk in their letters, very positively and strongly. I am all for good solid strong bible teaching.

As an individual, I could have done better but I did not and that is what bothers me.

David

[ April 20, 2005, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: David Michael Harris ]

7. David Michael Harris

I dont think I got any personal attention from my pastor. Too busy with what was happening?

Makes me wonder, and now it makes me strong.

I like that verse in 1 Jn, "in whom we trust and RELY" . NIV.

I dont like to quote chapter and verse for my own reasons....simplified Christianity.

David

8. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We read that at Wednesday night Bible study. I pray God continues to bless that church.

Whether we've read the PDL or not I believe we all should be challenged to give more to God. Its rightfully His anyway.

In Christ,

Brooks

9. David Michael Harris

When I survey the wonderous cross...etc...demand my life my...

How many times have we sung that.

God is so Gracious.

David

10. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I have a copy printed out on my desk. Some of you might look at pastors.com to see that Rick Warren is not one dimentional.