1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animals = Humans in New Counterfeit Grammar

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by iq4truth, Mar 25, 2007.

1. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

Just as Genesis contains the building blocks upon which the Bible is built, English dictionaries and grammar reference books are the building blocks upon which English-speaking societies are defined. If we allow the meanings of our words, our language, our communicated thoughts, to be altered by humanists and accepted by society, then we have failed the Great Commission, as we have failed to preserve our ability to communicate our thoughts.

Click the link below to read the report (PDF) on changing English grammar, where animals = humans, changing not only law, but worldview, and erasing human dignity:
    http://www.erichlukas.com/IQ4Truth_Enewsletter_GrammarWorldview.pdf

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Of all the inane things to concern oneself with, this has to be one of the most ludicrous yet.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 1:11(KJV)
    And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary
    WHOSE, hooz. The possessive or genitive case of who or which; applied to persons or things. We say, the person whose merits are known; the garment whose color is admired.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a linguist I'll have to disagree. Dictionaries and grammar books are not the building blocks of society, they are the result of culture and societal norms and changes. Dictionaries and grammars change because society changes, not vice versa.

To put it another way, good linguists look at the usages of words before writing their definitions. If they fail in this task, their dictionaries will be considered defective and scholars won't recommend them and people won't buy them.

To come at it from a different direction, publishing companies have style sheets. The particular vocabulary, punctuation and style of a company depends on the corporate culture and goals and philosophy of that company, not on some outside source such as a dictionary.

Let's relate this to missions and evangelism. Yes, Christians are failing in the Great Commission, as the OP suggested. How can we change the recent view of many in society that animals are equal with people? Win more folks to Christ! As individuals change, their thinking will change, and then their language will change and society will also change. May the Lord send a revival to America!:type:

5. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

John of Japan, I agree with you. Allow me to clarify my statements. English dictionaries and grammar reference books are the building blocks upon which English-speaking societies are defined to the rest of the world, as well as to those who speak English who use those language tools.

I was led to write my report on changing dictionary definitions in 2003 because I know that children, students, in government, private, and also home schools, use these dictionaries to understand and learn our English language.

When I clearly saw the change in definition of pedophilia from

to
    I was understadably shaken and concerned. I'm sure that you and all who read this post share my concern.

My alert to us all is not only to alert us to our responsiblity to communicate (in speech and in writing) in light of our worldview and in light of Truth, but to look carefully at the resources that we use and that we give to our children, grandchildren, and loved ones.

I am responsible for creating a style standard for literally thousands of manuals that are distributed in North America. Therefore, as noted in the Chicago Manual of Style, I, like many other English-speaking professionals, choose to set writing standards that differentiate between humans and non-humans in written language. This issue is still important enough to point out in the foremost referenced manual of style in the USA for most writers.

I couldn't agree more with your words:
    That is why I end my report with the following links.
    As I concluded my report, I repeat it here.

When I see "reference material" like that which appears on edufindfailure.com, which is being used to teach English and Worldview to untold millions of people, I am filled with the same shock that I experienced after reading the Tell-Tale Heart, by Edgar Allan Poe.

The only way to keep the science, the rule of law of language, the Truth of human dignity in our English language alive, is to continue writing and speaking for perfection - for logic - for sanity - for TRUTH.

When we have to debate others over grammar to prove that a monkey or tree is not a person, then we realize our charge as English-speaking Christians and Jews - to preserve order and logic in language and culture. Otherwise, the logic by which we phrase our thoughts and communicate them in writing and in speech will be disemboweled, drawn, quartered, and stuffed under the floorboards of society, only to be remembered by its former bellowing heartbeat that once defined a culture of order and prosperity under the foundation of the Word of God.

#5 iq4truth, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This makes more sense. You are right that English dictionaries and grammar books will have an influence overseas.
    I definitely agree here.
    Do you work in Japanese, then, or was the person in the article linked to in your OP someone else? At any rate, we say in Japanese, ganbatte! ("Do your best.")
    Yes, of course, the debate is good. But you will agree that the only thing which can eventually save America is genuine revival from the Holy Spirit through completely dedicated, sold out prayer warriors.

7. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

John, yes, our manuals begin in Japanese, translated into English, and sent to us for editing.

And, yes, I agree with your final statement,
    as well as through apologetics, which is why I was led to build http://www.erichlukas.com

Enjoy!

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I KNOW how fun (and sometimes frustrating) that can be for you! :laugh:

Here is a little poem written by a frustrated missionary years ago:

Ode to the Impossible

Desperately yours, by T. M. Paulson

If you would learn Nihongo, begin when you're a lad;
    Pray for Methuselah's life span and the wisdom that Solomon had.
    You'll need a head of hardwood and the patience of a Job;
    The mighty power of Samson to carry the heavy load.
    If you don't have a will of iron, and Peter's grit and go;
    The zeal and fire of Paul--boy, this language will lay you low!!

Great website. Keep up the good work. :thumbs:

9. mnw

mnw New Member

Good post iq4truth. Apart from Magnetic Poles interjection this has been a worthwhile read.

There is a definite movement today to allow animals the same rights as humans. I believe Singer is a prominent author who is advocating giving apes and the live human privileges.

The sanctity of human life is being degraded more and more. The grammar changes are one of the many angles they are taking.

10. iq4truth

iq4truth New Member

MNW, thanks. As you know, culture and people often change and/or are manipulated and indoctrinated like a frog in a pot of water. The heat is slowly turned up, so gradually, that the frog doesn't notice and is eventually cooked. Worldview affects everything and is seen in the person who creates new dictionary definitions, who writes new history books, who writes articles and columns in newspapers, who writes new encyclopedias, who teaches classes to students of every age, etc.

Here is a recent news release that verifies your observation:
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

I have tried to show the horror of abortion on this Web page (caution - truthful pictures):
    http://fp.users.fast.net/infoquest/Atrocities.htm

I have met a myriad of Christians who shockingly are tepid when it comes to abortion. When I ran for U.S. Congress, I had to expose this fact by providing research on my Republican "conservative" opponent, who was endorsed by most American pro-life organizations even though I was 100% pro-life and he had a list of exceptions for abortion:
    Click Here for Link

I've taken a break from running for office, as I have two children and my wife is now expecting twins (boy and girl). I'm led to invest much more in family, as running for office is time-consuming! When I ran for office, through TV, radio, newspaper, and debates, Jesus provided a wonderful pulpit from which I witnessed through logos, logic; boldly saying the "J" word at every opportunity. Jesus provides us all with such opportunities, work relationships, discussions at coffee shops, etc.

My hope for our world is through apologetics. My wife and I have decided to give our tithe, not only to our church and to some missionary families, but also as much as possible to the Answers in Genesis Museum.

I've been to Ireland twice, for missions with Calvary Chapel of Philadelphia. We stayed in Graystones and witnessed, using several formats, in Dublin. Ireland is a truly beautiful country. We witnessed to the crowds and to many gypsy children. I swam in the Irish Sea, in the summer, and it was quite refreshing, like swimming in ice. It was fun. Wonderful experience, all around. Praise God for opportunities - may His Will be done.

May I add your Web links to the InfoQuest* for Truth pages? Thank you for your service to Jesus Christ!

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, one only needs to track the "scientific" mythologies to see the absolute denial of God (without actually using those words).

First - The Big Bang Where (no one knows where) a chaotic explosion happened (no one knows what - much less who - caused it) to the Singularity (no one knows what it was but they know it was the "size of a pea") turned into everything in the ordered Universe.

Then - several millions, billions (no one knows quite when) of years later there was a Primordial Soup (no one knows exactly the ingredients or recipe, except that it was probably composed of deadly methane-ammonia gas) out of which the first "living" things came crawling out.

Then "life found a way" and after several millions, billions of years of struggle these crawlers eventually turned into you and I!

Talk about a stretch of credibility.

A better alternative:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...​

HankD