1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Animals in heaven?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Isaiah 11:1-6 describes what many scholars hold is the Millennium rule of Jesus on the earth following the second coming.
    V. 6
    Unless this is in some way metaphorical, it appears that there will indeed be animals around.

BTW, I originally looked for 'The lion will lie down with the lamb," but found out it's not in the Bible. The closest to it is Isa 11:6 and another verse in Isa 66:25.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Speaking only of the scriptures, this we know for sure, animals do have spirits. See Ecclesiastes 3:21. There is also the scripture of Apostle John when he sees heaven standing open, and there before him a white horse. Revelation 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.

Luke 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.

Man will sell five sparrows for two pennies, not even one penny for each bird, yet God forgets not one of them.

I trust that God takes care of all His creation, even the spirits of animals after they die, and I am satisfied with that.

#22 Moriah, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I hope you are right, brother Tom. I enjoy pets and animals. I guess we could do a whole thread on the downfall of man infecting everything on earth, including the death of animals. If animals are in heaven, are they just created beings for the purpose of being in heaven, or are they souls/spirits that had a life here on earth? Since animals do not have the capacity to be aware of a Creator, as in Romans 1, I do not see how an animal can sin or be held accountable for a sin if they could sin. I believe their death is caused by the sin Adam brought into the world.

4. mandym

mandym New Member

Eternity will be spent largely on the New Earth. Chances are there will be animals.

5. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

How does that work? Does the spirit dwell in the ground with the body, or does it just twink out of existence? Are these Spirits Earth Spirits?

WM

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I personally don't believe animals have spirits. Men are living souls because God breathed into us. He didn't do such with animals.

7. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

That's pretty much my belief as well.

WM

8. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And the verse they are using to support animal spirits is Ecc. 3:21
    Do they also agree with the proceeding verses?
    Clearly the author is speaking in Hyperbolic fashion to make a point. He views everything as meaningless. However, is this God's view? No. Certainly not. This passage does not support animal spirits.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe I am wrong about this, but it seems to me that although both humans and animals die, we die for different reasons. The wages of sin is death, and in the span of everyone's life, there are lots of reasons we die in addition to original sin from Adam. We were made in the image of God, and are accountable to him, saved or unsaved, as in Romans 1. Animals were not created in the image of God. They have no sense of morality, right and wrong, a Creator, or the ability to reason. They die because the entrance of sin into the world with Adam.

10. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

We know for sure that there are Lambs, Lions, and Horses in heaven.

I look forword to having my beloved Jack Russle Terrior with me in heaven.

11. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be a new heaven and a new earth.

The first earth was populated with animals... why not the new earth?

12. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

13. billwald

billwald New Member

Look at it this way . . . will we be vegetarians in Heaven? Will we "eat" any kind of food? Or will we directly consume raw energy without any sort of conversion?

How do angels get their energy?