1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Bakery story

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A hom0se/al couple in Penna, went to a bakery to order a cake for a "wedding" The Baker stated
    "My refusal to bake your cake is based on my fidelity to God of the Scripture"

So what happens - A baker in Syracuse, NY; has announced she will make the cake for the "couple"

Wow - hopefully a lawsuit will be avoided!

Baker comes to the rescue after lesbian couple denied wedding cake by homophobe

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found a FB page talking about - The new baker stated that his incident made her fuirous.
    So I asked that baker "I wonder if PLC would make a birthday cake for Adolf Hitler, Putin, Kim Jong-un, ect --"

• Like Like x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure.

If I saw a man I knew to be gay on the side of the road needing help would I help him, or would helping him constitute participation in his lifestyle? What if the guy was driving to his "wedding"?

OR...what about baking a cake for an atheist . . . Or worse yet, a lawyer!

I get where you are coming from, and would not persuade you differently if I could. But I'm not sure that another good course of action wouldn't be baking the cake and witnessing to the guy.

4. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Helping someone when they require it is one thing but supporting their chosen lifestyle is another. I would look at that time of helping as an opportunity to talk about knowing Christ Jesus.

As for baking a cake, that is beyond by culinary skills.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Michael Hollner

Michael Hollner Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good questions. I believe it is a matter of conscience or conviction. Either way, Government has no business violating anyone's beliefs or their own conscience. I would help the guy out on the road and hand him a Bible track when finished, and if I had a business baking cakes my conscience would allow me to bake for everyone. My conscience would even allow me to bake a cake for a corrupt politician (which is 95%+ of all of them) but I would charge them 10 times more for it. And when they ask me why, I would tell them it is a 'corruption tax.' But other Christians who refuse to bake a cake as to avoid violating their own individual conscience, it is their God given right and that's why there are laws on the books for 'conscientious objectors.'

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly equivalent comparisons.

8. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't take a gay man to his fake ceremony, nor bake a cake for it because I love him enough not to help him perform actions of self-harm. Just like I wouldn't help someone buy scissors if they told me it was to slit their wrists.

However, if he were stuck on the side of the road I'd certainly pick him up and take him to town.

There's a line between Christian dealings and loving your neighbor vs aiding and abetting sin. That line is grey in some areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you write the word "homosexual"? You are an adult, I assume.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    mis-spelling messes with the web spiders