1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Impeachment?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It'd just be a stall tactic, and one that really should not stall anything as the impeachment would remain in Congress. Perhaps it would play well to Trump's re-election efforts also.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that she will do it. She really has no other option and Biden is not in charge of his campaign. Biden is a puppet for Harris and antifa/blm.

5. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's going to be an interesting four months before the inauguration isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Threatening impeachment over and over again diminishes its power.

As much as many detested 0bama (to my recollection) there was no substantial threat of impeachment made by House Republicans, even when they held the majority.

IMO it is in Trump's favor to be threatened with impeachment time and time again.
    With each attempt the attention become less focused upon him and more focused the antics of those who threatened it.

What exactly are the Dem's going to impeach him over this time? ...following the Constitution?

Rob

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and really - lets say that tomorrow the House files impeachment proceedings - by the time the Senate has its trial - -lets see Veep Pence would be POTUS for about - what a week or two? and with a R - Senate - he would once again be found not guility!

Result - a great waste of time and money -
    Oh wait -dont the Libs love wasting OUR money?

8. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct, even though Obama ACTUALLY committed impeachable offenses....

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same could probably be said about every president after Grover Cleveland. Being allowed to exercise powers outside of the limits placed on the executive, and the Congress failing to stop it, is the only way the presidency has become the Leviathan that Founders, such as Patrick Henry, warned about before the Constitution was adopted.

#9 KenH, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why couldn't the House walk over impeachment charges tomorrow? All they have to do is rubber stamp something in a committee and send it to the floor for immediate passage in my opinion. And the Senate could call it up and vote it down just as fast, couldn't they?

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure they could - but DC doesnt work that way

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems to me that Jefferson was president long before Cleveland. Wasn't he even a founding father?

Could it be we would have to go back to a time before the Constitution to find a president who didn't violate it? :Wink

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I usually mention Grover Cleveland in this regard as I have a tremendous amount of admiration for him as he owned up to the sex scandal he was involved in and told his good friend how to answer questions about the scandal - "Whatever you do, tell the truth." He also correctly vetoed the Texas Seed Bill in 1887 - "I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution; and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should, I think, be steadily resisted, to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the Government, the Government should not support the people."

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that they told us that Jefferson went out on a limb with the Louisiana Purchase. Maybe that is when he saw the light that Washington and Adams were right.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FWIW - Cleveland was a teenager when his dad was pastor of the Presbyterian church in Fayetteville, NY (Just outside of Syracuse). In 1933, the Prez church merged with the Baptist church in town (which was a Northern Bap church - now ABC) to form the United Church of Fayetteville.