1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another one from the greatest tract writer......ever

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by MatthewHenry, Dec 31, 2005.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread moved. The originator of the thread does not fulfil the requirements to post in the Baptist Only section.

[ January 02, 2006, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I have used Chick tracks. I have left them in hopitals, laundry mats, and clinics...ect. Also I leave those little "pick me up" buisness card size scripture cards for fellow Christians. But also to those I've witnessed to, I have also left them with a Chick track that I'm lead to give them. I don't know if I have lead a person to Christ....I just plant seeds and let the Holy Ghost tend the garden. ;)

I also apperciate the "Chaplain" track. Because to me its a reminder to be humble and not to put your faith in how much you know but "Who" you know. I can see Jack Chick's wisdom in some of his tracks.

Jude 1:22
    And of some have compassion, making a difference:
    23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

I have read this scripture and to me (the way I understand it) theres no set way of how to witness to others. Some people respond to compassion, others you may have to get really serious. :eek:

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

BTW, Speaking of Chick tracks and witnessing. I also have downloaded tracks off the internet and looked at the tracks over at "Way Of The Master" and made note on how to witness. I have also made some tracks myself with scripture for answers of why and how one can be saved. Any type of track are nice for an ice breaker or for those people who seem really interested but don't make an commitment right away. You know....the ones that have to leave because a "friend" :rolleyes: is nagging them to leave or a meeting to attend to.

4. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

www.av1611.org

has great tracts

I was in the military and the tract you speak of is accurate in most case's

Every Chick Tract I have read I can say is scripture then again I have not read all of them ever made either.

5. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

I want to add that I use tracts and will continue to do so they are a tool but my Bible is my primary tool.

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Pointing out the fallacies in Chick tracts is not the same thing as denigrating the man himself.