1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured another pov on the mistaken rapture view

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Oct 19, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Very well said!

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes...i will stick with this.

1thess 4...answers the question...what about saints that have died before us. It just points out we are raised together.

saying the church is not in view because the word does not appear in Rev 4...as if Jn is being told come up hither is the rapture is foolish...

1cor 15 is speaking of jesus comsumating the kingdom....

The whole premill teaching is a large house of cards that will not stand close scrutiny......

You are welcome to use "things to come: by Pentecost if you like...but I think it is an easy target. I agree that Jesus returns and look forward to that time.....but for most of us...our individual eschatology will happen long before any rapture...:thumbsup:

if you can offer differently on these verses go ahead...I will read it.

3. OldRegular

Icon,

I posted the following on that there thread where we were told we are not welcome but I believe it is worth repeating here.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YOu guys take yourselves to seriously

5. OldRegular

We are not afraid to have people question our doctrine because it is supported by Scripture!

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No body on this board is. But your real goal is not the truth of God's word. It is just trying to be right and prove anyone else wrong. Its competition not truth.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While we have been enlightened in the new birth there is also a responsibility on our part, we must avail ourselves to the means of grace (the word, prayer, chastisement) to grow after the new birth:

e.g.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:​

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.​

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.​

HankD​

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The word of God is to be taken seriously. OLD REGULAR has been consistently posting very solid posts and invites comments or interaction with the verses he offers.
    Why do you take such a dim view of it? Why not instead say where you agree and disagree??? Then offer some scriptural correction.

You want to question our motives. You make cryptic comments, but fail to offer on the topics many times.

The posts you are commenting on are verses that have to be taken into account to discuss this topic accurately.Old Regular lays out several passages that unravel the false idea of the church not being in rev 4-19 which is commonly taught in the dispensational teaching.

In the other thread.....no real discussion is wanted. They state a mistaken view[which most of us were first taught]....then they smugly want to ignore any questioning of it as if the questions are not valid.

Why just sail along believing error.Test your view with scripture.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BSKI,

It does not have to change it at all.It goes hand and hand with it.Why do you think it would change it? The three verses offered do not change it at all.:type:

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your post was as usual very solidly biblical and offers a fine explanation:thumbsup::thumbsup: If anyone takes the time to re-examine what they have been taught ,without looking at these kinds of verses ...it is on them....

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you saying that we should post error instead? We should not post what we understand to be right?:confused::confused: If we post error....show the error as best you can. I am sure we have some things that can be corrected and improved upon....show where you think it is:thumbsup:

12. OldRegular

NO!

It is really about trying to get classic dispensationalists to support their concept of the "parenthesis" Church, the pre-trib rapture, and the Jewish millennium by Scripture.

13. OldRegular

Skan

They simply ignore everything that Peter writes that blows their doctrine right out of the water!

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    excedpt that it ceases to appear after chapter 4 in revelation!

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you just proved my point.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the "parenthesis" Church?

17. OldRegular

You need to read beyond Chapter 4. Or it could be a perception problem!

18. OldRegular

Following is the OP of a thread I started in July. Needless to say it was not well received.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=80260

19. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

It was not well received because dispensationalism is the default eschatological system in the West. Darby's system has its appeal. It provides a certain amount of precision. While it does not provide a date for the beginning of Daniel's 70th week, it does have milestones that provide a tidy system for understanding eschatology; i.e. the re-establishment of Israel in Palestine, a personal anti-Christ, a premillennial rapture of the Church et. al. This type of system appealed to those who were looking for answers. Dispensationalism seemed to have those answers. Thus, Darby's novel approach to the end times spread rapidly towards the latter half of the 19th Century. The early 20th Century found dispensationalism in almost every denomination. It became so pervasive that it became that default system I mentioned earlier. When it is challenged it engenders a strong response. It took me over 10 years to abandon its grip.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all Churches embraced it though... your referring to Baptist Churches.