1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another verse that blows ME out of the water

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

1Jo 3:8 - He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Do you believe Kingdom Accountability folks believe sin isn't from the devil or that the devil didn't sin from the beginning or that the Son of God wasn't manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil? What are you alleging exactly?

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here are some more verses that defeat ME.

Col 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
    Col 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
    Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

WHO qualified us?!? You mean it isn't our works that did it? ;)

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What about the blood?

6. standingfirminChrist

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: (Colossians 1:12-14)

These verses clearly show that we are already fit for the inheritance of the saints in light. It's a done deal. No outer darkness, hell, or lake of fire for the Child of God. He has been sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption.

#6 standingfirminChrist, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Would that be regardless of whether or not the Child of God is a profitable or unprofitable servant?

(Thank you for not leaving out the blood).

8. standingfirminChrist

A saved person, according to those verses is never unprofitable. He is made profitable and fit for the inheritance through Christ.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I should have posted those verses in the KJV. Sorry. Does that change the meaning though?

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here are more verses to defeat ME.

KJV
    1Th 5:23 ¶ And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:24 Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].

I like this thread. :)

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It certainly does. The blood of Jesus Christ is a foundational part of the Christian faith. Without the blood we have no redemption for redemption comes through His blood.

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Not for ME folk. Sure, the blood is useful at the moment of salvation, but that's it. They obviously believe the blood is inadequate to cleanse us from ALL sin. They believe the onus is entirely upon us to clean ourselves from every sin after the moment of salvation, and we have to do it with our confession and our own good works. So the blood loses all its importance after that point. It's all us, to us be the glory.

#12 npetreley, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What is being prayed for if sanctification is automatic?

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

My version doesn't leave out the blood. If it did, I would throw it in the trash.

But this is not a discussion on versions.

I have been washed in the blood, saved by the blood and I love my Lord more than anything or anyone that has ever existed. He is my all in all!
    :love2: Father
    :love2: Son
    :love2: Holy Spirit

(I get really offended when people think I can't learn God's word without the KJV)

And that's all I have to say about that! :)

15. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I would love to sugar coat this so that we can all be nice and friendly however, you are a liar and there is no easy way to get around this fact. We can try to make this easy and encourage you to speak what you believe and stop being the "ME" spokesperson. However, even this is hard as I'll have to ask Amy to tell you this since you are allegedly still ignoring me. Frankly, I really don't mind that you are ignoring "ME" folks as it is almost preferred as you have hardened your heart to anything we have to say. However, you constantly posting in "ME" related threads but not being mature enough to listen to what we have to say, is quite the little irritant.

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

We're not discussing versions, we're discussing doctrine. You cited a salvation verse but left out the blood. If you don't include the blood in that verse, then it changes the meaning of that verse and thus changes the doctrine derived from that verse.

(I get really offended when people leave out the blood of the Lamb.)

17. standingfirminChrist

It does indeed change the meaning of the verse. For instance, if a lost person came to my congregation and I just happened to preach from that passage in Colossians, it would leave the lost person wondering, 'How did He pay?,'

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Rufus, I apologized. Out of respect for KJVO people I should have posted the scripture from the KJV.

Now, back to the verses.

How about you address 1 Thess 5:24?

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Don't do it out of respect for KJVO folks, do it out of respect for the blood of Jesus Christ.

I addressed it with a question.

However, before we go further I would ask 2 Timothy2:1-4 to provide add'l info on what this thread is about. The OP contains 1 John 3:8 without clarification for how it "blows ME out of the water".

20. npetreley

npetreley New Member

1. That isn't the only place in the Bible that tells us the our redemption is through His blood.

2. If anyone preached that passage in Colossians, I hope they would explain the "how" whether or not they were reading from the KJV/NKJV or some other version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.