1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR PETITION SIGNERS

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 26, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

DON'T TELL ME SENDING PETITIONS DOESN'T WORK!!!! This is the second sponsor in a week to pull out of a distasteful TV show as a direct result of people signing petitions! [​IMG]

Wednesday, June 25, 2003
    Another Victory for OneMillionMoms!

OneMillionMoms has learned Alberto-Culver will no longer sponsor FOX's "Paradise Hotel"!

Here's a portion of a letter we received from Alberto-Culver:

When we bought spots on the first show of 'Paradise Hotel', we were assured by the network that it was a fun, good taste show suitable for family viewing in the spot following 'Junior Idols.'

Once having seen the show, we will not be buying additional spots and have expressed our dissatisfaction. We regret having advertised on this show...we consider ourselves a family-oriented company and work hard to promote good family values both inside and outside the Alberto-Culver Company.

Please accept our sincere apologies and our thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts. We can and will do our jobs better. Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,
    Janet Ireland, Consumer Relations Manager

Source...onemillionmoms.com

2. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

While this won't cause the show to go off the air, and I don't think all programming should be on a level for a child, here are my 2 objections to the show:

1. It is just plain stupid! [​IMG]
    2. Its timeslot following Ameican Juniors was not well thought out.

I think the inanity of it will be its downfall, much like "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire".

Still, I believe Fox has a right to program this type of show. I also think the marketplace will reject it anyhow and the protests will end up being a tempest in a teapot. I predict this is one show that will not be coming back next season.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

It will if it can't get any sponsors...

I'm glad you didn't like the show! [​IMG]