1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthroposphy - Anyone know anything about it?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by annsni, Mar 12, 2009.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Someone is asking on my other board about this. What can any of you tell me about it?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here's a /Wiki Article.

Sounds a little Shirley McClain to me. :laugh:

3. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

Google it. Lots of stuff on the web about it...

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm googling it and either it's too late for me to be googling it because my brain is asleep or it's just WEIRD and confusing. I've found a few things about it but wondered if anyone knew anything about it.

Man, Christianity is SO much easier!

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What I read was certainly weird and confusing. I was thinking the same thing as you. That stuff is too complicated. I can't figure it out. I'm so glad that God has made it simple for us to understand.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It is new age to be sure. But I have to say the following says quite a bit:

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

well, I have an opinion about this, just not sure what to say, ever have those moments?
    this sounds about as anti christian as you can get, certainly a 'religion' of satan, make people think they have evolved past the need for antiquated Christianity. The world ahs bencome more modern, man has become more modern, religion should too. yep, satan alright.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I knew some Anthroposophists in Atlanta when I was in the New Age. In fact, my son attended a pre-school taught by a woman who was in the local Anthroposophical Society.

It was founded by Rudolph Steiner (Rev Mitchell posted some info on this), who had been in the Theosophical Society (a group founded by Mme. Blavatsky and largely based on Hindu beliefs along with other stuff mixed in). He left the Theosophical Society and started this group.

I would describe Anthroposophy as an early forerunner to the modern New Age Movement, mixed in with a gnostic form of Christianity. Some of its beliefs seeped into the New Age. The New Age has a lot of gnostic roots, as well as Eastern ones.

Steiner had a philosophy about education and the Walden Schools were founded on his beliefs. These schools exist in the U.S. and there are quite a few of them.