1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Christian UK Bans Conservative Journalists From Entry

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thatbrian, Mar 12, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a pity what the Labour Party is trying to do to the UK. The Labour Party refuses to discipline the anti-Semitic leadership of Jeremy Corbyn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Labour Party isn't doing anything to the UK right now: the Conservatives have been in government for the last 8 years. Labour are in Opposition and have zero influence over government policy.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean Fox News don’t you

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you yourself mean Never Trump, don't you?

• Like Like x 2
  5. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your words and actions, and lack of them, actually do.

• Like Like x 2
  6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is with the Labour Party's steadfast refusal to abandon Jew hatred as an element of their party.

"A new report on anti-Semitism reveals a huge jump in anti-Jewish incidents throughout Britain. The primary reasons for the sharp rise are found to be the Labour Party and its leader, Jeremy Corbyn, as well as the influx of refugees from Arab countries into Britain. The Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA) reported (January 22, 2018) that “The national chair of the Jewish Labour Movement in Britain, Jeremy Newmark, accused the Labour Party leadership of failing to deal with ‘a vast backlog’ of complaints about anti-Semitism in the party’s ranks.” Newmark told the Guardian newspaper that in some cases, the backlog is over a year long. The fact that a Labour Party aficionado and advocate, Jeremy Newmark, complained about his own party leadership is indicative of the dire situation the Jewish community in Britain is going through.

"...The Labour Party has been mired by accusations of entrenched anti-Semitism ever since Jeremy Corbyn took over as party leader. Corbyn has been a radical anti-Zionist long before he was elected to lead the Labour Party in September, 2015. From 2009 to 2012, he was a paid host on the Iranian state-owned Press TV. He has shared platforms with notorious anti-Semites, and has expressed his solidarity with genocidal Islamists, the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah. Corbyn’s landslide victory in the race for the Labour Party leadership has empowered a fringe of anti-Zionists and far-Left activists, who now openly express their hatred for Israel and Jews. To add insult to injury, “red” Laborite Ken Livingstone, the former mayor of London, declared on a live radio program, that Adolf Hitler supported Zionism. Then there is the case of Labour MP Naz Shah’s widespread Facebook post, recommending the Israeli-Jews be relocated to the U.S. Her post suggested that the U.S. has plenty of land to accommodate Israel as the 51st state, allowing Palestinians to “get their life and their land back.” She added in her post that Israeli people would be welcome and safe in the U.S., while the transportation cost would be less than three years’ worth of Washington’s support for Israeli defense spending....'

ANTI-SEMITISM WITHIN BRITAIN’S LABOUR PARTY

The Labour Party has fallen a long way from the worthiness of the British Balfour Declaration:

Foreign Office

November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you on behalf of His Majesty’s government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved, by the Cabinet:

His Majesty’s Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours,

Arthur James Balfour

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The Labour Party under Corbyn does indeed have a problem with anti-Semitism. This is however not the same as anti-Zionism. Beware of conflating the two.

"Not demonizing and stigmatizing a group of people"<> "promoting a false religion"

8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have ben presented with two sides of an argument. You, without fail, attack the Christian and defend Islam. That tells me all I need to know, but I'll keep at this so others can you the real you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Matt Black

Site Supporter

If you think Lauren Southern is a Christian then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, brother. She's about as 'Christian' as John Shelby Spong (from the other extreme of the spectrum)

10. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I rest my case.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Wow, what a great advocate you are

12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, I'm not going to get into the specific persons being discussed here. I will, however, make these observations on this discussion

Much the kerfluffle is based on the First Amendment to the Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

I bolded the pertinent portions of the amendment. As you can see, it prohibits the sorts of laws and regulations HM's government has passed over past few years.

Also, bringing up the British contributions to the defeat of the Third Reich rings discordantly in my ears. My father, uncles, and step-grandfather served in the American Armed Forces in the same time period. My father and his brother in the USAAF, my aunt's husband in the Navy, grandpa served under Patton in the ETO. So, it's not like there are any warm and fuzzy feelings towards Nazis and Fascists. There is, however, a recognition that their ability to speak is protected whether we like it or not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Southern did nothing wrong unlike Cornyn, who openly is anti-Semitic although the hapless Labour Party wants to do nothing about it. The Balfour Declaration supported Israel but Labour seeks to reverse one hundred years of British policy. Cornyn hates both Jews and the very country of Israel. The UK for many years has allowed balant Muslim attacks against ordinary British citizens. It is okay in the UK to say that Jesus is gay but it is not okay in the UK to say that Allah, or Satan, is gay

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matt Black

Site Supporter

So do you have no law against incitement or threats to kill?

Not discounting the American contribution to victory, for which we are grateful but, with the exception of Pearl Harbor and some hikers in Oregon, you were not directly attacked. We on the other hand had shedloads of bombs dropped on us and lived in fear of invasion until at least after the invasion of the USSR and Pearl Harbor; my mother had glass from a broken window shattered by the blast from a V1 showered all over her in her cradle as late as 1944. So, with all due respect, there is a difference with how we regard the threat from Nazism.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Otto Skorzeny, Germany's leading commando from World War II, carried Germany terror tactics to the Middle East and passed them on to the Arab world, as you know. He was a military advisor in Egypt and also was a military adviser to the fascist Peron in Argentina, as you know. Much of Nazism has been passed on into Islam, especially the methods used in terror attacks, which are a product of Germany.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Matt Black

Site Supporter

He also advised Mossad, so by your argument 'much of Nazism' has been passed into the Israeli methodology.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we do. Though, the incitement or threat has to be substantive enough to support a charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Merely saying "We need to kill all the Lower Slobbovians." isn't enough. Neither is voicing an opinion on the Lower Slobbovian legal system. Nor is saying Lower Slobbovians are a danger to our society.

18. Matt Black

Site Supporter

OK, so we agree that free speech has its limits; we draw the bar in a slightly different place from you (probably because we're both coming from different starting points); I suppose the concern we have is some idiot acting on the statement "We need to kill all the Lower Slobbovians", such concern probably stemming right back from "Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" and its consequences. "Careless talk costs lives", and all that....

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's imprison any baseball fan who yells "Kill the umpire!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Context. We're not that dumb over here, despite what you might think