1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Fascist Violence Spreads To Canada — Protesters Lob Fireworks, Deck Chairs At Quebec Police

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Quebec City “anti-fascist” counter-demonstration turned violent Sunday, and local police were forced to don riot gear to quell the public disturbance.

The demonstrators — heavily bussed in from Montreal — were countering an earlier protest by a Quebec group calling itself La Meute, who opposed the mass of illegal refugees entering Canada at the Quebec-New York border

The “far right” marchers allegedly didn’t even make it a block along the planned march before being overwhelmed by the counter-demonstrators who wore black clothing and masks to hide their identities.

Some threw beer bottles and other projectiles — including fireworks and deck furniture — at police and La Meute members.

The counter-protesters reportedly even assaulted journalists recording the event and tried to take over an underground parking garage in order to plan an assault on police, but they were blocked from entering the building.

Anti-Fascist Violence Spreads To Canada -- Protesters Lob Fireworks, Deck Chairs At Quebec Police

2. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The scriptural board were I usually post is gone. I left the political boards because I had become hostile. I extended my humblest apologies. I am not back to debate. I will be praying for the posters in these boards.