1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Trump protests! Are they a form of child abuse and neglect???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 23, 2017.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

After watching protest rally's around this country, and seeing more and more parents taking their children along with them, exposing these innocent hearts and minds to foul language both spoken and written on placards, as well as letting them take part in the protests by encouraging them to chant foul, hateful chants; the old social worker within me wonders why local child protective services are not out in force at the rally/protests to pull these neglectful parents aside and site them for child endangerment, neglect and abuse by exposing their young ones to the hateful rhetoric and actions of anti-Trump rally's???

My question to you, as Christian parents is: should young hearts and easily influenced minds be subjected to the ramped up fury, hate and foul language that takes place in these anti-Trump protests? Do you, like myself, believe these parents are skirting the line of child neglect, abuse and endangerment (because fights could break out in such negatively charged atmospheres) by taking children along and enciuraging the children to participate? If nothing, it is teaching children to be disrespectful towards our elected officials, and most importantly, the duly appointed president of the nstion they live in?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't want my child exposed to that.

I also wouldn't want my child exposed to the hateful rhetoric, bad language, and actions of Trump rallies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better get the government's child protection agency to round 'em up and take away their kids, huh?