1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Antifa in Seattle - Things could get hot.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Adonia, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    According to news reports, Antifa thugs have taken over a section of Seattle by placing barricades around several blocks and calling for armed people to come and guard them. This cannot stand and if there was ever an insurrection, this is it. Something like this was bound to happen as the authorities in Washington have coddled these people for far too long. I can't wait to see how they will deal with this action. The ball is in your court now Mr. Mayor, how are you going to play this one?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide a resource giving more details.

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Breitbart had a short story about it.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Salisbury, a journalist, said that earlier in the day, Seattle Police were building a fence across Pine Street. A few hours later, they stopped working on the fence and began moving out of the East Precinct.

“We saw moving trucks in and out,” Salisbury said on his stream. “Officers moving bags. I know that the city is calling it a reduction in footprint. It’s impossible for me to say there’s nobody in this building, but I don’t think that there’s anybody home.”

He said they had expected a fireproofing foam to be sprayed onto the East Precinct, but that no such fireproofing appears to have happened.

Salisbury continued: “Pine Street, for the first time in eight days, is open.”

But lest anyone feel that the city would sleep easy tonight, Salisbury said that many people were wearing bulletproof vests because of credible threats made from white supremacists.

The threats felt much more real after the shooting on Sunday, when 31-year-old Nikolas Fernandez sped his car into the crowd and shot a man, 27-year-old Daniel Gregory. Gregory was in satisfactory condition at Harborview.

As the police left, the protesters claimed the area and barricaded it themselves.

“We are seeing quite a few bullet proof vests out here,” Salisbury said on his stream. “A lot of protesters out here before, not armed, who are now armed. It’s a different situation.”

And then he signed off to get a bulletproof vest for himself.

Around 10 p.m., two other livestreams showed protesters wearing body armor. One protester called for people with guns and know-how to go to the barricades, in case there was a threat from white supremacists known as Proud Boys.“

'They gave us East Precinct.' Seattle Police backs away from the barricade

6. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No link and Breitbart so :rolleyes:. Breitbart calls anything and everything Antifa so I’m really skeptical.

2nd Amendment got you nervous now too?

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What's the matter, are you too lazy to Google Breitbart? I just looked, it is there right now. Antifa themselves are taking responsibility for the action along with their BLM allies. Pull you head out of the sand and look and see what is really happening in this country.

No. The 2nd Amendment just might save the country. There is no way Antifa could ever stand against the patriots who exist in this nation right now. There are just too many ex-military people who love our country as it is and will fight for the preservation of the Republic and what it stands for.

True patriots would fight on the side of the Army against the insurrectionist forces like Antifa and BLM. A few rounds of 5.56 coming their way and at least one third (if not more) of the Antifa pukes would turn tail and run home to Mommy.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You sound like a fascist. Frothing at the mouth for violence. Get a hold of yourself.

9. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seattle protesters storm City Hall, demand mayor resign after driving police out of area, declaring autonomous zone

"Defund the police department." One of the worst ideas in a history of bad American ideas. American police departments have a long, long way to go before they are bad enough to defund. I have been to countries where the police departments were genuinely bad, and not trusted by the people.

In a Muslim majority country, I told the kids in a Christian school to obey their authorities, including the police. The interpreter would not say "police," but simply "authorities," because the police are so corrupt there. In an African country, we were regularly stopped at checkpoints by soldiers with AK-47s looking for bribes. That country is now in the middle of a civil war, there is so little mutual trust there. Even the missionaries are not safe. One Baptist missionary was killed last year, and my friend hasn't been able to go back to his home and hanger (he's a missionary pilot) for two years.

America is in far better shape than most countries of the world. Be thankful you live here. (I lived overseas for 33 years.)

#9 John of Japan, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And you sound like a supporter of the anarchists. But no sir, I am no "fascist" but a patriot. I believe in the Constitution of the United States and the Republic it spawned. I stand against the nation's enemies, both foreign, and in this case the domestic ones. Life would be pretty bad for you and yours under a nation run by the Marxist's who now exist in the guise of Antifa (who are the real fascists) or any of their allies. We must not let this nation be destroyed because of the heinous death of one man by a rogue police officer.

We all need to step back and take a breath here. People like myself recognize that there are indeed bad cops in America and certain proposals that could address these bad police actions are warranted. But the vast majority of police serve the nation honorably by fighting crime and they should not be demonized. Our nation is about "equal justice" not "social justice", a concept that encapsulates all left wing and "woke" ideas under the sun, things that groups like Antifa and BLM espouse. Like I said earlier, pull your head out of the sand and recognize what is really happening in out nation right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would hate to own a home in the middle of communist antifa territory in Seattle or anywhere else.

I think that the riots are going to last until November. The communist antifa and the terrorist Black Lives Matter, which caters to black homosexuals, are trying to keep blacks from voting Republican, their traditional home.

These ongoing riots are a setback for the Democrats because most of the damage is being done in Democrat areas and lots of it probably never will be rebuilt. For example, there were two CVS drugstores downtown Indianapolis but one was looted and burnt. It is likely that the other bigger store could handle all the business downtown.

13. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Businesses within the six block takeover by antifa have been forced to put up supportive signs in their windows like ‘Keep Going’, to protect their business. How long before these takeover groups start demanding ‘protection money’, just like in the mobster days?
    7C1746E5-9067-4391-A5C0-F5B807E20CD3.jpeg A5A8A961-9B3C-46A9-ADD2-DC4FA053D581.jpeg

#13 Wingman68, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 4
  14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You like the Constitution huh? Could have fooled me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he does not sound like a fascist--he is talking about the communist antifa founded by Germans in the 1930s. We don't need German style communists in this country.

16. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please start blasting with bullets now.

17. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Funny you say that, I heard a report on the radio tonight that they are doing just that, and they are now demanding the resignation of the Mayor who is a "progressive" herself. They are starting to eat their own. Don't worry, at some point they will be defeated, just like the SDS, The Weather Underground, and The Black Panthers were. Those in high places who support them now will realize that they are messing things up for them (getting more money) and the clampdown will happen.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The people of Seattle voted for this so they deserve it in a way. They are cold-blooded people who just watch as narcotic addicts die on their sidewalks. It's another San Francisco or Los Angeles.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know when Americans began to tolerate squalor but it is widespread in Indianapolis, which in the 1980s was the best city in the rust belt.

20. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Fueled by Black people with ptsd from Obama’s reign of lying. Sickening.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.