1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Antifa in Seattle - Things could get hot.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Adonia, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan defends ‘Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone’ as ‘patriotic’

Right-wing media says armed Antifa militants have seized part of Seattle. Local authorities say otherwise - CNN

Does the 2nd amendment still matter?

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being on the other side of the world, you probably don't know that Trump has no legal authority in this situation and has not tried to do anything other than collect campaign donations as people laugh at the Democrats and their posturing. It turns out that the mayor of Seattle and the governor of Washington State are harboring terrorists and violent communists and refusing to protect innocent citizens trapped by these violent agitators by calling up the national guard to restore law and order. Look for Washington State to gain Republican voters.

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Unfortunately, at this point President Trump really has no say in the matter and he should just butt out. If these people in Washington State want to hang themselves in front of the American people, don't take the rope away from them. Everyone knows what is really happening there and it is a clear warning to the voters of America who want to see a stable society that lawlessness and anarchy is supported by elected Democrats. People should refrain from voting for them for that reason.

4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no question that the Mayor has ceded this area of the city to these people by withdrawing the only lawful police operation that is allowed to operate in the city of Seattle, thus this area is now to be considered a "free zone" bereft of any lawful legal authority.

So you would have no problem if 5000 people of a differing political outlook descended on the newly created entity of "chaz" with their firearms and ousted the current occupiers of this portion of Seattle, right? They would simply want to have their own private "block party" as the Mayor so casually says the current occupies this area are doing. At this point the Mayor would have no say in the matter.

#84 Adonia, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seattle, sadly, is no place to live anyway. It has widespread squalor, a total lack of compassion, and a long-standing refusal to enforce the law. It is no secret. Here is a television report from last year about what Seattle is really like. Their permissive attitude on narcotic addiction has resulted in their just letting addicts die in agony on their sidewalks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is very sad. I have been out there to Seattle several times in the past (about 15 years ago) and it was very nice place to visit. I certainly would not want to go there now

7. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Seattle mayor has agreed to let them hold the area permanently as a cop free autonomous zone, (under control of the anarchists). This should enliven interest for Antifa and BLM to start taking over other areas in other cities. Setup enclaves where there is no police. The eventual end of this is a dissolution of the united states as it was into something like mini fiefdoms run by various petty lords ruling over small fragmented areas. Over time, small areas could join together, maybe carve out new states that are not part of the united states, which likely is illegal, against the laws of the USA. A new political order could develop. Thing is who is going to pay the bills for these people. How far will the rest of the US let it go.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reports: Antifa-Linked Armed Volunteers Join Seattle 'Autonomous Zone'

The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), — an area of six square blocks seized by a loose coalition of anarchist, Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and other far-left organizers — has declared itself independent of the local, state, and federal governments, and police have withdrawn from the area. The CHAZ has set up barricades with entry checkpoints, according to Seattle Police Assistant Chief Deanna Nollette.

Social media profiles of Antifa activists have posted photos from inside the AZ, with one viral post calling for “more people with guns.”

That need was quickly met, as The Puget Sound John Brown Gun Club (PSJBGC), a self-identified and widely recognized Antifa group, announced its presence at the CHAZ and said it is “providing safety patrols” via social media. Independent journalist Jake Hanrahan and a video from inside the CHAZ corroborate the statements from these purported PSJBGC accounts.

Reports: Antifa-Linked Armed Volunteers Join Seattle 'Autonomous Zone'

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the police aren't allowed to do their job I suspect it will get get to the point that armed patriotic citizens will do it...then it will be the Antifa thugs who will be crying for want of police protection!

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a lot of chatter from militia across the country right now

11. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seattle Police Chief: Cops 'Not Able to' Respond to Rapes, Robberies Due to Autonomous Zone
    The wild wild west, armed vigilantism maybe since the police are so politically incorrect right now, the police say they are not allowed to do their job by the politics of the city council, and so on. Police were told to abandon the police precinct, but the mayor and police chief denies they told them to leave, I imagine there are many lies being told now, including by the MSM. The situation is an armed insurrection against the United States authority, I mean even they know it when they put up signs saying on entry to the autonomous zone that you are leaving the United States..

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel very sorry for people trapped inside that rats' nest. I can't imagine why the people of Washington State tolerate that sort of nonsense. It is as if a motorcycle gang took over a town. I doubt if the communists have enough courage to try that stuff in a red state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    this is all going on less than eighty miles away, thought about driving up to see what it's all about, then realized what a dumb idea that was.

Well, what can you say? The mayor is a big of a flake as her father was, only the police chief sounds sane. The mayor could air drop them some tofu, sprouts, maybe some plastic water bottles. Our governor is only an hour away but he is clueless as always.

I think this should just play out and Trump shouldn't send the troops without Inslee signing onto the idea - these leftists WANT the military to open fire on these people who would probably attack them on sight. This has to be nipped in the bud in other cities but maybe they don't have such a weak mayor and a city council member to invite them in.

This will help make the American Redoubt far more likely, the eastern part of the state looks better than ever to me, but it does have colder winters. And the movement to dismantle the 2A is dead dead dead, these armed "protestors" are exercising their 2A rights but they sure didn't support yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Chinese Communist Party released this virus biological warfare weapon and then proceeded to act militarily when they realized that people worldwide did not like their inferior medical supplies and their bad advice from the World Health Organization, which Xi Jinping controlled by donating so much money to Eritrean communist Tedros, the head of the organization. So Xi Jinping moved troops to the border with India, where I think that he has started border skirmishes. He seized the opportunity to smash all remaining freedoms away from Hong Kong and he probably had his operatives in the USA generously fund the communist antifa and the communist terrorists BLM. However, the problem for the Chinese Communist Party is that they need to dump Xi Jinping for his failure with the virus, for the fact that his military cannot win victories for him and is so disloyal that they cannot be trusted with weapons, and for the fact that no one in the world wants to do business with China anymore. China is in a downward spiral and Xi Jinping had to accept the Trump trade deal. It is too little too late--China will not be able to keep the West from shunning their products and their slave labor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about sexist, this governor is that in spades:

A man who is totally incapable of governing should stay out of Washington state’s business. “Stoop” tweeting. https://t.co/O6i04qmZ9v

— Jay Inslee (@JayInslee) June 11, 2020

She rebukes Trump as if, but really the shoe’s on the other foot, thus it follows that “A [wo]man who is totally incapable of governing should stay out of Washington state’s business.” But no, that’s wrong, because the people of Washington deliberately elected such an incompetent. Ditto for the people of Seattle and their mayor. Maybe they all deserve each other. Maybe a lot of people will soon be ready to leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Or maybe he uses the word man because Trump is male. Unless you know something that I don’t about Trump having some gender crisis issues.

I’m assuming you know Jay Inslee is a dude and your ‘she’ was an attempt to be derogatory. But maybe I’m giving you too much credit.

#96 Gold Dragon, Jun 12, 2020
  17. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :oops: Thanks. Yes, you’re right, I garbled that one but good.

The mayor is the only actual woman here “who is totally incapable of governing [so] should stay out of Washington state’s business.” The governor is just a hypocrite for his sexist comments, not a woman, as far as I know, even if he… never mind.

18. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Twister is a fun game.

As for Jenny Durkan, she has done a good job standing up to a bully with bad intelligence threatening to violate states rights and she has shown true leadership in diffusing a volatile situation. She had some of the barricades removed and is actively listening and supporting the protestors to maintain peace and order.

Police chief Best has walked back her previous statements and confirmed that the rumours that protestors were demanding identification checks and extorting local business that she made reference to in a previous press conference were fake rumours.

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone becomes political flashpoint, as Durkan rebukes Trump’s message to ‘take back’ city

#98 Gold Dragon, Jun 12, 2020
  19. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, that's not what Best said at all:

No formal reports, that'll happen when the place is in anarchy.

Look, the gig is up Jenny - there is no rebellion in Seattle, this is just a trap for the WH or some scary militia group to overreact. Even Inslee is onto it. The Chief met with the little Antifa "warlord" and they were yukking it up.

Seattle, write 'em off. As for how we got stuck with Jay Inslee, look at the map:

[​IMG]

four years later:

[​IMG]
    I am in one of those counties that flipped/

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think your assessment is far fetched. There was a report today that some Antifa type people were going to do the same thing in Nashville, Tn. The Governor of Tennessee said such a thing won't happen anywhere in his state. Others might also try this same nonsense in other localities, but if the authorities in charge are like those in Tennessee it won't happen in those places either. I know my Governor, Rick DeSantis would quickly put the kibosh on any of that kind of nonsense happening here in Florida, no matter how leftist the local Mayor was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.