1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any body know when Passover is this year?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ituttut, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are claiming the people cheered and laid palm branches, while Jesus sent disciples to untie a colt and bring it for Him to ride into the city... and all this was done on the sabbath?

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

You are claiming the people cheered and laid palm branches, while Jesus sent disciples to untie a colt and bring it for Him to ride into the city... and all this was done on the sabbath? </font>[/QUOTE]No. On our 10th Friday, before 6PM.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quoting ituttut,
    "Hello Alcott. I’m happy you keep returning as we study His Word together. I believe you may be able to more clearly see if we use John 19:31 in connection with Leviticus 23:5. This verse in Leviticus advises Passover began on day 14 Nisan always. The following day was always a High Day Sabbath. This day is not of the 7th day Sabbath of the week.

Now to John 19:31 - ”The Jews therefore, because it was the (preparation), that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.”

Fitting the two verses together solidifies and make it possible for us to know the exact day that Jesus was crucified. And it could in no way be a Friday, Tuesday, Thursday, or any other day but Wednesday. The facts are staring us in the face. It scared the daylights out of me when I saw the truth. I had searched for the answer for years, knowing something was wrong, but it still was a frightening revelation, for just about the whole of Christianity has been drawn into the fallacy of Easter that officially orginated in the Catholic church.

On Wednesday beginning at 6PM was the beginning of Israel’s day, it being the preparation day, Passover. On this day Jesus was tried, crucified, and buried, and it had to be before 6PM Thursday, and I believe it had to be just as Wednesday was turning into Thursday. We know this from John 19:31 above. So being placed into the Tomb very close to the beginning of Thursday, we have His Wednesday/Thursday burial the first day ending Thursday, then the second day of Friday, and then the third day Saturday very close to Sunday. That is three days in the Tomb, and not one and a half days.
    Hope that will help."

I don't find this helpful at all, but utterly confusing!
    Wednesday Crucified + Friday + Saturday + Sunday (resurrection) = Five (5) days!

That was point no 1.

Point no 2: If put on the pole ('tree') just before sunset, what sense in removing the crucified 'just before sunset'?
    No! The body had to remain, says the Scripture, not LONGER than "that night", when it had to be removed "with light (becoming)", and, had to buried, "that very day" that began with a night-half, and would end with a day-part.

Translation with "before sunset" is WRONG!
    See Http://www.biblestudents.co.za

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are claiming the people cheered and laid palm branches, while Jesus sent disciples to untie a colt and bring it for Him to ride into the city... and all this was done on the sabbath? </font>[/QUOTE]No. On our 10th Friday, before 6PM. </font>[/QUOTE]No, Tradition is right in this one instance - Nisan 10 was on a Sunday!
    See http://www.biblestudents.co.za, Book 1, Goshen to Gethsemane.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quoting ituttut,
    "8th is our Thursday evening in John 12:1. It was the beginning of their day at 6PM Thursday as they made Him Supper, shown in verse 2.
    9th is our Thursday/Friday.
    10th is our Friday/Saturday, palm branches, then Sabbath in John 12 & 13.
    11th is our Saturday/Sunday leaving the Temple and to the Mount of Olives in Matthew 24:1-3.
    12th is our Sunday/Monday and on Sunday Jesus said two days must pass until Passover, making it then Wednesday the Passover day (Matthew 26:2).
    13th is our Monday/Tuesday with Tuesday probably shortly after 6PM when Judas Iscariot went to the High Priests in the dark in verse 14. This is speculation on my part to be sure on the timing of J. Iscariot.
    14 is our Tuesday/Wednesday, Passover beginning at 6PM.[/QB]

Brave attempt - challenging tradition!
    But unfortunately still lacks a LOT!
    See the WP I referred you to above, the first book again, pages, 73, 74, 53 etc.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    PASSOVER STARTING MOMENTS
    Days away from 14/15 Nisan Matthew Mark Luke John
    7, Fr. 8 Travelled
    6, Sa. 9 12:1. 12
    5, Su. Palm Sunday 10 21:1 – 17a 11:1 -- 11 19:29 12:12-36
    4, M. 11 21:17b, 18 11:12 -- 19 19: 45 -- 49 12:35-36
    3, Tu. 12 22: 23 11:20 – 13:3 20:1-8 12:37-39
    2, W. “over two days” 13 26:2, 6, 14 14:1 -- 3 22:1 12:40-43
    1, Th. Prep. of Pass. 14 26:17-20, 36, 27:1 14:12-17, 32, 15:1 22:7-14, 66 13:1, 30, 19:14
    1, Fr. Foresab. Prep. 15 27:57 15:42 23:50-54-56a 13:1
    2, Sa. 16 27:62, 28:1-4 (16:6, 9) 23:56b, (24:46) (19:42)
    3, Su. 17 28:13; 28:9 16:1; 16:2; 16:9 24:1, 13, 29 20:1; 15;
    4, M. 16:14 24:33 20:19

Pasting got the texts mixed up - creating a nice wxercise for unjugling

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Fantastic software BaptistBoard has! When composing the post everything seemed 'juggled' - but it came out precisely!

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

The biblestudents website is incorrect I am afraid. I will answer your last past and show the correct sequence of events. Christian faith, ituttut.

9. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Good job, but a correct rendering is below:

John 12:1 says there will be six days, and then the Passover on the seventh day. I can find nothing refuting the below: I previously showed the days as we use today. The follow is using the Jewish day 6PM to 5:59999PM.

8th day Thursday evening in John 12:1. John 12:2 says they made Him Supper which would have to be after 6PM, making it the beginning of Thursday.

9th day is Friday palm branches John 12:12-13. In Mark 11:11 we see Jesus went to Jerusalem and into the Temple, looked around and to Bethany.

10th day is Saturday the Sabbath, for Mark 11:12 says it is the next day when He came from Bethany, and this is when Jesus “cleans house”.; Sabbath ends Mark 11:19.

11th day is Sunday Mark 11:19-20; Matthew 24:1-3. On this Sunday Jesus said two days must pass until Passover – Matthew 26:2.

12th is Monday

13th is Tuesday

Nisen 14th is Passover beginning Wednesday.

Christian faith, ituttut Galatians 1:11-12.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ituttut,

You make many unfounded assumptions.
    First and most important, you take for granted the time in hours Jesus was in the tomb for being in the heart of the earth, while the Scriptures take Jesus DYING for what marked the first day, and His REVIVING again for what marked the third day. "Break this temple down" - kill Me - that signed the first of the three days; "and I shall rebuild it in three days" = I shall rise from the dead "ON the third day" - NOT, AFTER it!

You cannot sustain one single idea of yours - it's hopelessly muddled and unscriptural.
    This is not the place to go into detail, but I have dealt with this your specific theory at length. You simply dismiss "biblestudents"- site is wrong, but haven't paid attention to a single point.
    GE

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just to confirm what I've said:

Quoting you: "Jesus died at 3PM, and taken down sometime between 3 and 5:59PM Wednesday. John 19:31, ” The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.” "

Jesus died at 3PM - right;
    And was taken down sometime between 3 and 5:59PM - Where do you get that from?
    "... Wednesday" - Where do you get that from?

"... that Sabbath Day ..." - What was the hour of, and on, "that Sabbath Day"? Daytime? No! It was the beginning of that Sabbath Day - its first part; its night-part, that had begun with sunset, and then only did Joseph appear on the scene, and went to ask permission of Pilate for to remove the body - and you say then He had been buried already for how long?!

You have a lot to re-think!
    Only keep in mind the Translations - how they have covered up this problem for the traditional view Jesus was crucified on Friday.
    GE

12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gerhard...

I believe Jesus ate the paschal meal Tuesday Eve, after sunset...& that all the subsequent events occurred before the sunset that began Wednesday, which was the High Sabbath...including His entombment, which was done hastily to finish before sunset. This placed Him in the tomb Wed, Thu, & Fri nights and days. He rose shortly before sunset Friday. No one visited His tomb on the Sabbath. (I have no idea why the women didn't visit it on Friday, unless they believed there was no one to move the stone from the entrance, or it took them two days to prepare their spices.)

Why do I believe the paschal meal was on Tuesday? Because, in AD 28, which was almost certainly the year He was crucufied, the 14th of Nisan was on Wednesday In Ex.12, God gave the paschal meal commands, and then He said the FIRST DAY(14th) there was to be a Holy Convocation. The Israelis ate the lamb & left Egypt later THAT SAME NIGHT. That took the rest of the night and day. The Holy Convocation was held the next day, some time after sunset. Coulda been after the Israelis slept that night, since they'd been up the whole previous night.

Plainly, God meant the HC was to take place the 1st day AFTER THE PASCHAL MEAL. This is evident in the New Testament, since the day following the evening paschal meal was still the same day as the paschal meal was eaten in, and was called the PREPARATION DAY. Sunset that day marked the beginning of the Holy Convocation day, a High Sabbath.

Mucho confusion has been brought about by misunderstanding what a High Sabbath is, with many people confusing them with the regular weekly Saturday Sabbath. A High Sabbath is any special observance day, such as the Feast of Trumpets. It is treated as a Sabbath & CALLED a Sabbath regardless of what day it falls on, with all the rules for the regular weekly Sabbath observed, as well as the special rules for that particular observance. The two Holy Convocations of Passover Week are High Sabbaths.

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

You love to condemn even while you are sticking your foot in your mouth. You haven’t been able to prove you are right on anything to date. What you think doesn’t mean a hill of beans. You believe as just does the Catholic church. Is that the “bible students” you refer to? They believe “eggs, bunny rabbits” as do the idol worshippers, and they believe in “half days”. I don’t believe “fables or fairy tales”. My Bible says the following, and it is your problem if you don’t understand what you read. I’m here to help you see His Word, and not mans.

If you understand nothing else, just please try to understand the following verse that Jesus spoke. It is not when He died, but how long He was in the earth if you believe what He said. Matthew 12:40, ”For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. What you contend dear friend is not only “muddled”, but changes the Word of Jesus our Savior. Refute His word here and I will know you are not at all interested in believing what He says.

The proof is before you. You cannot change what His Word says. I have laid out for you what the Bible teaches in previous post. Show me where His Word is wrong.

I don’t study theology, the theory of man, but I study His Word. Jesus didn’t study theology, nor Peter, James, John, or the rest, nor did Paul after Damascus Road. Paul says all of His knowledge and wisdom came from Christ Jesus in heaven. My, but what a school to attend. This is where I go to school, in the gospel of Paul. ”But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ”, Galatians 1:11-12. Peter in His second Epistles says the same thing about Paul. Paul had wisdom none before had. Does your “bible students” cover these two verses. If not, why not? If so, do they deny it? There are not too many churches that will even go near these verses.

You wish to condemn, and I only give you His Word. As it is His Word, who is it that you are condemning? Turn away wrath my friend – Romans 12:19, ” Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” I’ll leave it all up to Him, and know as you grow in Christ, and your friend robycop3, the wrath will surely subside. Ituttut.

14. ituttut

ituttut New Member

15. ituttut

ituttut New Member

If you can’t believe the Bible who can you believe? That is the only Word that God has left us. Oh, I do hope you see that Friday is an impossibility. Friday had to be made by the Catholic church in order to meet the demands of the Idol Worshippers. These Holy Days are the days the pagans demanded the Catholic church adhere to, for these are the days, and times of their Gods. For thousands of years December 25 was the birthday of the Sun God. Where in the Bible does Jesus from earth or heaven tell us to remember His birthday? His only request to us today is to “remember me as oft as you do it”, and that doesn’t refer to His birthday.

We both know Easter also is not in the scriptures, meaning it is a man made Holy Day. All we have to do is look in a reputable dictionary or encyclopedia to find “Easter” comes from the Anglo-Saxon Eastre. This is the name of a spring or light goddess, with a festival celebrated in April. The Catholic hierarchy agrees. This pagan Holy Day goes back to the Phoenicians, and the Chaldeans.

So to me these two Holy Days of man are against the wishes of God. How would you like for people to insist your birthday is two or three months later than your birth? You have proof, and His Word gives us a pretty good take on when His took place. But as God was from the beginning, how can we say when He was born? This is the reason we shouldn’t try to worship some day, for God has no beginning. I say we will have to answer for our actions, and what we believe.

Where can we find in scripture to observe a Holy Day on His resurrection? It is not there. I Corinthians 10:16, ”The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?” This is the stopping point. We do not go beyond that point of coming thru His blood in our earthly worship of days. We are to worship as He directs, and that by the bread and the cup, for He give us no further instructions but to worship Him in Spirit, and that is not to be on One Day of the Year. In verse 14 we are told to “flee from idolatry”. Easter and Christmas are Pagan Holidays, and we are to “flee them”.

Should you reply, please do so with scripture, and not what somebody or some church says with no documentation to back it up. ituttut