1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any good leather ESV editions coming out?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by uhdum, Feb 12, 2004.

1. uhdum

uhdum New Member

Hi, just curious as to whether we will see any good leather editions coming out soon. I have the hardback classic reference edition and a slimline bonded leather, but am disappointed with the quality of its cover and the lack of center-column references.

God bless

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

3. uhdum

uhdum New Member

While I do not post here often, I do frequent the boards and am well-aware of your stand on the Bible version debate.

I do not want this to turn into another debate
    thread. There are plenty of those.

God bless

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Uh, You posted in the ,uh,"Bible Versions/ Translations" DEBATE! forum.

5. A&I

A&I New Member

There are real good quality ESV Bible's . I think Crossways offers them with their original ones . They costs anywhere from 100 -200 dollars I believe .The print is little bigger also . I read posts of people that have bought them and are pleased . I have the older leather one and like it . There coming out with a Study Bible later this year according to their site .

6. uhdum

uhdum New Member

That is because this is the only "Bible Versions/Translations" forum on this board.

God bless

7. Marathon Man

Marathon Man New Member

There is a line of deluxe classic Reference Bibles that is a bit of an improvement over the original classic reference line (slightly larger font, wider margins). As a part of that, they offer a special edition calfskin binding, which I understand is quite nice but VERY pricey (lists for $195, comparable NASB calfskins published by Foundation list for $150).

I'm beginning to wish some other publishers would pick up rights to the ESV. While I believe it to be an excellent translation, I've been extremely disappointed with Crossway as a publisher.

8. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hold tight everyone they are getting better! I sent my bible back after having some binding problems and they replacement was much better then the original. They have new thinline versions coming and the word it the Deluxe model is great. They won't be selling the rights anytime soon they have to recoup the costs of translating and publishing first. That could take a while. The study bible will be a big help with that.

9. 3John2

3John2 New Member

Is there a study bible version of it coming out? If so what kind or is it their own? Man I sure wish Kirkbride would make an ESV. In my opinion Kirbride makes the finest bibles. Whether or not you like the Thompson the QUALITY of the is unrivaled & definately first class.

10. A&I

A&I New Member

I emailed crossways last month on their upcoming Study Bible in the ESV here was the reply I got back .The date I recieved this was Jan 7 ,04

Dear Pat:

Thank you for your interest in, and support of, the ESV. As Alyson told you we are currently working on a Study Bible. The Publishing Committee is still working out all of the details though, so we are unable to confirm any specific information. I do not think it will be a large print, but we’ll know for sure hopefully in 6-9 months. You might want to check back with us then. We hope to get this published in the next 12-18 months. For more updated information as this project progresses, visit our website at www.crosswaybibles.org. We update this as soon as more information is available. Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Thank you and God bless,

11. 3John2

3John2 New Member

I hope it has cross references at the end of the verse like the Open bible does. I think those are great.