1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any here Believe In Biblical annihilation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

I think this concept is rather easy to see, you prune back a plant to restrict the area of occupancy. Thus consistent with the concept of confinement over and against torment. Therefore the idea that eternal punishment (confinement) separated from God is completely viable and consistent with all scripture and the word root word meanings.

And as I have pointed out before, the issue is not the duration of the "punishment" (whatever that entails) because that punishment duration is eternal, never ending. No, the issue is the duration of the torment to provide perfect recompense for the sins of the lost. Many, perhaps most Christians believe the duration of the torment is eternal, but that is based on an assumption. No verse or passage actually supports it. Therefore they try to redefine "punishment" as equating with "torment." No sale.

On the other hand, some try to sweep the fiery torment in Hades and Gehenna out of scripture, but again, no sale. I believe the middle ground is consistent with all scripture, and no one seems to be able to dispute that view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.