1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any Here Hold that we are not born with a sin nature?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I'm saved because I believe in Jesus Christ. I've been saved for over 60 years I was there when it happened. The Holy Spirit convicted me of my sins and convinced me of Christ. Like the song says the Bible tells me so.
    MB

2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great, so you're not being saved. God has sealed you for eternity?

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I agree with you in the above.

Also Adam the living soul was not made spiritual, he was made/created of the flesh.

IMHO Adam was created to bring, the death, to all men so men could be redeemed and receive the adoption.
    Rom 5:14 Christ was going to come in the figure of Adam, Gal 4:4,5 YLT and when the fulness of time did come, God sent forth His Son, come (born) of a woman, come (born) under law, that those under law* he may redeem, that the adoption of sons we may receive;

Adam was given law. He was put, by God, under law. -- * the law Adam broke.

IMHO Sinful Adam was the means unto an end, That end being 1 John 3:8. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Adam the figure of him to come.

4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider your position to be the Golem theory of creation.

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good!

I like the sequence you submit in this post.
    “The Holy Spirit convicted me of my sins and convinced me of Christ.“

That is exactly the point we have been in struggle. It was not a matter of you merely expressing a freedom of Will or choice, but God attending specifically and pointedly according to His plan to cause you to express faith in Him.

Outstanding!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    became a sin natrured person, we all aftrerwards did also!
    Adam when created had sinless humanity, was already in relationship to God, when he lost that and became a sinner, all of us born afterwards save for Jesus experience seperation from God and being sinners!

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry none of what you have written here doesn't make any sense. Yes Adam was in a relationship with God and he never lost that relationship. You are wrong Adam still spoke with God and God spoke to him. That is a relationship
    MB

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam was created in a relationship with God, so no need to have the Holy Spirit inside Him, nor to have Messiah mediator, but once He fell, He would need both, as we do now!

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep using the word fell. What did Adam fall from? He was already on Earth He was not in heaven like Satan was when he fell to Earth. You seem to imagine Adam up on a high place and this is not scriptural. Adam sinned plain and simple and not only that he paid for his sin so did Eve.

By being put out of the Garden and having to till the ground.
    MB

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was far more glorious state than we are when born, as He was grand creation of God!

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not certain that I would agree.

He was created without the “knowledge of good and evil,” therefore he was not like as God said, “one of us.”

This is not a “glorious attribute” but, as the enemy accurately stated, something kept from him.

Two things were kept from Adam, that knowledge and eternal life.

Believers, as a new creation, have both the knowledge and eternal life and therefore are glorious more than the first Adam, imo.

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you realize your double negative? Essentially, you just agreed with him.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam should have lived forever no sin so no physical death yet, and he was in perfect submission to God, until the Fall, is that not grand?

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [
    Nope he wasn't any different. We are all the creation of God.
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he were in “perfect submission” then he would never have rebelled.

Believers, know from whence they came and in Christ are greater than that first Adam.

The Scriptures are silent concerning the pre-sin viability of Adam to never die. Perhaps one could consider there would be no need of the forbidden tree of life should Adam posses eternal life prior to sin.

It is perhaps speculation (imo) either way.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thus saith the LORD. G 3:19, E 12:7

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The verses are good. Your interpretation of them...not so much.

18. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to take a shot.

'Men, brethren! it is permitted to speak with freedom unto you concerning the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is among us unto this day; Acts 2:29
    for David, indeed, his own generation having served by the will of God, did fall asleep, and was added unto his fathers, and saw corruption, Acts 13:36
    a prophet, therefore, being, and knowing that with an oath God did swear to him, out of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, to raise up the Christ, to sit upon his throne, having foreseen, he did speak concerning the rising again of the Christ, that his soul was not left to hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 'This Jesus did God raise up, of which we are all witnesses; Acts 2:30-32

On that day of Pentecost if they had dug up, David, what would they have found?
    Being David was speaking of the soul of Christ and not the soul of David; Where was the soul of David on that day of Pentecost?

Whence was, the spirit of the breath of lives, that had made David soul living?

19. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you even talking about? You now have left the two verses you originally posted and now you move to verses in Acts. I cannot follow your train of thought at all.
    Rather than answer with clarity, you just keep muddying the water so that no one knows what you are actually saying.
    Is there someone at the BB with the gift of interpreting tongues? Please, a little help here.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam had that Image of God in total and in perfect, we are born flawed and marred due to the Fall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.