1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any one felt lead to be a youth pastor if so talk here

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Dallasdid, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

I believe God is calling me to be a youth pastor I love working with the youth even though I am one. I am active in Bible study ministry for public school and just so awesome to see teens come to Christ and love doing the ministry work and getting to help the teens out. If you felt lead to become a youth pastor share here on the thread.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe it would helpful if you provided some detail about God's calling here?

How did you know that God was calling you into youth ministry?

When did it become obvious to you?

3. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

For me it was a progression. My youth was uncommon for a kid in my neighborhood and timeframe, though it seems all to common now.

I always liked being around that age group... My wife says it is because I still think like a teenager :rolleyes: but that is better than thinking like a senior citizen. [​IMG]

My wife felt that she should teach Sunday School with her mther... and talked me into coming to the meeting to provide moral support. I felt really uncomfortable and He was prodding and prodding.. Finally, the pastor's future son in law (no longer future) was going to be the youth sunday school teacher/ director... I voulenteered to be his assistant...

He never taught a class... My wife and I ended up doing all of the directing and I did all of the teaching and we absolutely LOVED it. He had to railroad me into it. I would have been like Moses until He cornered me like He had to do to Jonah. I'd have argued and whined and ran as fast as I could if He would have told me He had a call on my life.

I am now working as the pastoral intern at another church dealing primarily with children's ministries. I enjoy it, but my true love in ministry is working with Youth.

You will find that the God who used a fish and a burning bush and a donkey... will use many different ways to get our attention. Just make sure you pull the spiritual earplugs out.

4. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

I believe God has given me a big heart and passion for youth it started 4 yrs ago. It started to grow and now i am active in public school ministry and love being with teens and encouraging them and lead a guys bible study for half a year and just bunch of stuff. God gives me this passions so hope that answers ur question