1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone catch Al Michaels' dig against the Mainstream Media?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Feb 2, 2009.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

After Larry Fitzgerald scored one of his TD's last night, the camera showed his dad who is a sportswriter in Minn., who was covering the game and was not cheering for his son. Michaels commented that Larry's father was a true journalist and was not cheering for his son. (I think he might have also used the word objective to describe him.) Michaels put emphasis on the word true. I know Michaels is a political conservative, and I believe this was a direct dig against the Mainstream Media and their slobbering love affair (HT: B. Goldberg) with Obama. Ironically, Michaels works for NBC, which is the worst offender in this sordid man-love affair with Obama.

Regardless, Al Michaels is one of the greatest sportscasters of all-time. I hope he sticks around for as long as he can.

#1 Andy T., Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I picked up on that, though I did not know he was a conservative. I have been an Al Michaels guy for years. An article I read about him in Sports Illustrated back in the 80s made me want to be a sportscaster/writer. Obviously, I didn't follow through! I digress....it's not just because of his Miracle on Ice call, nor is it the fact that he used to broadcast Reds games. I think Al Michaels is the best on TV. I look more forward to Sun night football now than I do MNF, thanks to Al. Knowing Al and CC will do the Pro Bowl together makes me want to watch.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

When did Michaels do Reds games? Never knew that.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

From 1971-1973, Al and Joe Nuxhall did the games. Then Al was replaced by a little known minor league broadcaster from the Mets organization named Marty Brennaman.