1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone changed their mind on man made global warming

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by targus, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You two sound like you're getting hot under the collar. (Pun intended.)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about this analogy. Over a hundred years ago Miller said that the Lord would return on Oct 22, 1844. Many believed him - yet when the Lord did not return - and thus proved Miller as a false prophet, many of those still followed him in spite of the evidence. And today we have the 7th day Adventist.

Some people are just plain gullible. and I'm sure the Devil has his several tricks up his sleeve.

Salty

3. targus

targus New Member

Just curious...

What do you base the belief on considering that it now appears that much of the data has been skewed - if not outright fabricated - to show the supposed warming?

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Uh, I think he's saying he never did believe it, thus no need to change his mind about it.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

How could anyone with critical thinking skills still believe this stuff? Think of how many lies have been told...

• The infamous "hockey stick" warming graph.
    • Dire predictions of hurricanes taking over...remember, "Katrina" was supposed to become a regular event?
    • Polar bears...wait, OK, so they're not all gone...
    • Himalayan glaciers.
    • Most of "greenhouse" effect is from water vapor, not CO2...Of course...if you think exhaling is pollution, it's likely you're scared of water vapor as well. MORE
    • The infamous "email scandal," and all that entailed.
    • Half or more of US warming is due to "adjustments" applied to the original data. For instance see this NOAA chart from a government web site: SOURCE
    • NASA emails show the lack of proper record keeping and lack of traceability of climate data.
    • NASA accused of falsifying data by dropping stations form their network. SOURCE
    • CRU emails show IPCC scientists requesting others to destroy data. SOURCE
    • Dire predictions of "rising sea levels" shown to have no basis in fact.
    • Two words: Al Gore.
    I'm amazed that anyone still genuinely believes this garbage.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

True true. I didn't accept the anthropogenic global cooling in the 70s or the anthropogenic global warming of recent past.

Because I don't swallow the entire GOP 'conservative' line many here have written me off the the 'liberal Obama loving' camp.

They don't know how wrong they are :)

#27 NaasPreacher (C4K), Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
  8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I know you love everybody, right? :smilewinkgrin:

9. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I was one of those children of the 70's who were taught in school that another ice age was coming. I thought whatever caused ice ages must be pretty powerful to overcome the body heat of the (now) 6+ billion humans on earth all heating up their immediate surroundings with a 98.6 degree body temperature, and all the billions of large animals, like cattle and hogs, that we breed that also generate body heat, and all the streets and highways everywhere that absorb and retain heat, and all the fires we burn in industry, etc, and all the engines we make that run very hot....etc. I thought this must have some sort of cumulative effect by itself, much less the "greenhouse" gasses.

So I guess in a sense I have believed in human-caused global warming, and in general I say...so what? It's change that is constant. If we thought the ocean levels or ambient temperatures or weather patterns were never going to change, we were very foolish.