1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone here a fan of Star Trek?

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by alexander284, Jan 9, 2020.

1. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think of Discovery?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only problem I have with the new Star Trek series' is that it's often too much "science," and not enough "fiction."

3. kirk

kirk New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was an original Star Trek fan who at age 10 in 1968 wrote NBC not to cancel the show , in the early 70s I got born again and enjoy Apollo moon program .I though we would be going to the stars sharing Jesus with the aliens , of-course I was only 13 at the time !
    Today at 64 I at times watch original Star Trek
    And about 47 episodes I saw hundreds of times in my life such episodes as Doomsday machine ,Gary 7 , Trouble with tribbles !
    Bread and circus episode of trek makes a reference to Christ but I don’t like episodes that were new age . Trek episodes you see them do good things, help people do the right thing . I was a believer in UFOs and aliens but you after 40 years researching the Lord gave me a scripture , you shall know the truth abs the truth shall set you free , as much as I didn’t want to admit the truth I had to , UFOs and aliens are demonic not aliens from another planet ! There are no Vulcans or Klingons or for that matter Star Wars knights . God created planet Earth and died for mankind , if you read Revelations we’re are not going to be exploring the universe like Star Trek for the next 1000 years .
    His may show us the beauty of his universe someday but we have only Earth with humans and Heaven in n space
    I enjoy original trek for entertainment value it’s good moral values but what trek evolved into with the spinoff shows not so much
    The last original trek movie was the warth if Kahn . At this stage of life I’m more concerned with winning souls for Christ before the rapture and the tribulation !

4. kirk

kirk New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If jesus tarries you will see us back on the moon and going to Mars perhaps if they want to several missions a space ship like the movie the Martain but interstellar travel like Star Trek just isn’t in the cards , if want to travel through space get born again and in death or the rapture you will go to heaven !

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Yes, all of the shows , but prefer the original and the next gen the best!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

seen few shows, just does not have same cast chemistry as first 2 series had!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it would be interesting - if at the Rapture - there were people on the moon and the International Space station!