1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

apples aquired the coolest monitor!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Feb 22, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

It's a touch screen I saw and you can touch it in two places at once....imagine the possibilities for a mac that is...I wish I knew where that video was from...its really scary actually...

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm ... I'd like to see one of those. Sounds pretty neat!

[​IMG]

3. kubel

kubel New Member

I saw that, it's absolutely incredible. How can a one-mouse-button computer manufacturor make a leap to a multiple-touch-screen-interface. They must have been holding it all in until now. [​IMG]

They showed a lot of 3d manipulation and gaming uses, but I can see plenty more every-day practical uses for a multi-touch screen interface like that. Reminds me of Star Treks LCARS. It would be awesome to actually sit (or stand) at a display instead of a keyboard, mouse, monitor, tower, etc... It certainly will make the keyboard and mouse obsolete. I just don't want to spend a ton of money on it (and being a Mac, you know it will be expensive).

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

7. standingfirminChrist

I bet they cost a fortune

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the you tube link on dial up loaded a bit, ran, loaded, ran etc, for quite some time, but when it finally finished I could run it.

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

All this technology is paid for interestingly enough by online gamers and other people are just heavilly into playing computer games. It is bizarre to think, yet people are updating their systems monthly with thousand dollar upgrades so that they can have the best gaming machines. Screens like this are just yet another advancement that people just have to have!

What is good about all this is that technology flows down to Medical imaging equipment, and these gamers are actually financing new technology to help treat a variety of diseases! Apparantly quite alot of new medical equipment imaging technology advances are a result of the must have new tech for gamers! [​IMG]

10. UnchartedSpirit

military advances too-the game advances as well

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

As with all new technology, someone will find a way to use this in a prurient manner. LOL

12. UnchartedSpirit