1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Catholics Christians

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Pearl, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Pearl

Pearl New Member

I was wondering are Catholics Christians? Can someone give me information to back up their answer.

Pearl :confused: [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is wrong to lump individuals together based on their religious denomination. Some Catholics are truly born again by God's grace; some are not.

But the same is true for Baptists. Hopefully, not in the same ratio (I think far more folks in Baptist churches are truly born again because of the message that is preached and the true Gospel given).

But let's not "lump" folks artificially into "ALL" categories. Such universal conotation is unwise. Thanks.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Members of the RCC who have accepted Christ into their hearts are Christians. Just as Baptists who have accepted Christ into their hearts are Christians. I know some members of the RCC who aren't, and i know some members of my own church who aren't. That doesn't mean they won't be someday.