1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are houses and apartments obsolete?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Shoostie, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RVs have high upkeep costs. They are more expensive than homes except in places like California, which is totally under the thumb of rich Dems. As you know, California has at least 100,000 homeless people.

I got interested in RV lifestyle about a year ago. Some of the old hippies live like that. Have you heard of Slab City, California? YouTube has many channels about it. People like Bob Wells have been interviewed on TV. He heads up a Rubber Tramp Rendevous in Quartzsite, Arizona, every January. There is a lot of deviant behavior in some of those events and places. Also, there are a lot of poor people trying to live in vans. I think the big problem is coping with criminality and hygiene as well as expenses.

Silicon Valley does not pay a living wage--an indictment of the Masters of the Universe.

3. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm thinking more of a conversion van or camper van. I wouldn't want to drive and park a large RV. It's a fantasy just to live simply on wheels, with some solar panels on the roof and modern tech that takes no space.

Haven't heard of Slab City, until just now.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the most interesting channels on YouTube about people who travel for weeks is Long Long Honeymoon. They have an Air Stream trailer. But they have a stick and brick, too, so they get off the road now and then. They are good about evaluating equipment. The photography is nice. I'd give a hundred dollars to be one of them millionaires....

• Funny Funny x 1