1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are Mormons Biblical Christians?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are Mormons Biblical Christians?
    No they are not. John 10:5

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have had a Mormon missionary tell me something like that too, that it is not a different gospel but the same gospel with more answers and explanations. No, it is not the same. Just like their book of Mormon says on the cover, “Another Testament…” Paul plainly says, “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel OTHER THAN the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” The Mormon religion teaches a gospel other than the one from the Holy Bible.

Galatians 1:8 is a powerful scripture for those religions that say an angel gave them the writings to their books. Muslims believe that Muhammad had the verses of the Qur’an revealed to him by an angel.

Peace.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

And Obama is not? Given the obvious choices, who would you rather vote for?

WM

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree - this is an excellent book. I've been using it since high school to get information and understand the different beliefs out there and how to discuss it with one of their followers.

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just a side note. I was remembering my youth and having read the Kingdom of the Cults which is really good but at that time I also listened to Christian Rock and I also remember that the group Idle Cure dedicated their album 2nd Avenue to Dr. Martin.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I STILL listen to Christian Rock. :)

8. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I wasn't making a point just a side note that Idle Cure dedicated their 2nd Avenue to Dr. Walter Martin who wrote the book the Kingdom of the Cults and as I was reading this discussion the memory was brought back.

I like Christian Rock as well though its not what it use to be and where I live the Christian Station plays that country fried rock christian music (closer to country music than rock) rather than the glorious hair band rock of the 80's like Whitecross!!!!!!

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ahhh - gotcha!! I thought you were getting all down on Christian Rock. Some like the country style - some like the heavier stuff (like Whitecross) - I'm more of the Delirious/Watermark/Redman kind of music. LOL

10. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Would that all of us would follow your example of caring.

I think we need to make careful distinctions as you have.

Is the Mormon church an orthodox, non-heretical Christian church? No.
    I don't think it right to label it 'Christian' in the normal sense, but in a wider sense, it is an heretical, 'Christian' sect.

But I have met Mormons who know as little of their religion as is the case with many Christians who know little of theirs. There may be Mormons whose faith is in Christ and Christians whose faith is not in Christ.

A few quotes from Joseph Smith and Bringham Young quickly show the difference between true Mormons and true Christians. Some have been given already.

Here are some excellent resources with clear evidence that show the truth about Joseph Smith:

The Lost Book of Abraham [excellent; conclusive proof of Smith's fraud].
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyzkd_m6KE

The above is an hour long. It gives you the full background for these short, excellent summaries:

Disproving Mormonism in 80 seconds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCd7v0ttBhk&feature=related

Mormonism Disproved in less than 3 minutes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0dAd4SgnQ

Mormonism Disproved in Under Five Minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfUWYMiyBE0

See also
    The Book of Mormon Disproved in Less Than 1 Minute
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0TyIWhfjQ

DNA vs. The Book of Mormon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svfxSscxh8o
    This is 45 min long for full background.

Another excellent, clear presentation, 25 min.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa60T879hDQ&feature=related

Here is short, excellent summary.
    3 min.
    The applicability of DNA to the Book of Mormon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shizFlEZ2ko&feature=related

#30 shodan, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
  11. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Far be it from me to be down on Christian Rock. I was weened on Petra. The first Contemporary Christian album I heard was "More Power to Ya". And with the album art showing an electric guitar looking like a spaceship (remenicant of Boston) I was hooked. However, I remember my pastor at the time saying that rock was of the devil because it had Pagan African Drum beats that made the body want to forenacate. And with books by Godwin like the Devil's Disciples and testimony tapes from Mike Warnke (Now known as false) for a while he had me feeling guilty for really liking that style of music. In fact I struggled as a teenager thinking God only wanted me to listen to old baptist hymnal songs and that anything not accustic or organ based that I enjoyed was the old man rearing his ugly head trying to pull me from Jesus Christ. Not that I don't enjoy old hymns but the pastor was a bit of a legalist. In fact I think all the men had the same haircut and women were required to wear long skirts. Makeup was the issue of the day as well.
    Ahhhh Memories.....

12. technol

technol New Member

As a retired Christian minister I've never ceased to be amazed at the number of worshiping Christians who do not know, or who are confused by, anything other than the basic generalities of their faith. Once you start speaking about any doctrine in depth, many Christians get left behind.

Maybe that's true too of those who worship within the LDS. Many Christians and Many Mormons have so little in depth knowledge that they are unaware of the differences.

Of course, those who feel so strongly about their faith that they register on a Christian forum will have a more in depth knowledge, but in my experience your 'average' worshiper has a really deep faith but not so deep doctrinal knowledge.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Neither, I hope Romney fails to win the nomination. There is no opposite candidate on this earth that would motivate me to vote for a Mormon, especially a pro abortion Mormon.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that an oxymoron - It is my understanding that Mormons are Pro-life. So if Romney believes in abortion - than he is not truly a Mormon.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Imagine that. He is not truly anything except what brings votes at the moment.

16. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, one would think Christians are suppose to be pro-life and anti-abortion as well, and look how many support pro-abortion representatives.

17. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Well, Romney seems to have changed his views on abortion, claiming to now be pro-life. If you take him at his word and he becomes the repub nominee, would you vote for him - if only to deny Mr. Obama another term or simply stay home?

WM

18. billwald

billwald New Member

Mormons are NOT "Christian" because they reject the ecumenical creeds as teaching the truth of Christianity.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are right. They are not. But in relation to the election, no one that I no is a Christian. Is there such a thing as one person being more unsaved than the other? Obama is certainly not a Christian. Probably any of the Republican candidates would do better than Obama, but that is only my opinion.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian