1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are people Condemned Due To Unbelief, Or That "In Adam" and are sinners?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Guess thats why you live in the "show me " state...:laugh::laugh:

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Based on what you quoted Skan on, this should be filed under "complete strawman". For the last time, we do not deny Romans 5...we deny YOUR interpretation of it which is NOT immutable.

Scandaling...you got the Augustinians on you like white on rice :)

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have taken the questioning of our salvation to an alltime low. You should be proud.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

You'll have to elaborate. :thumbsup:

5. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Let's read Romans 5 with care:

16 And the gift is not like the one man's sin, because from one sin came the judgment, resulting in condemnation, but from many trespasses came the gift, resulting in justification. 17 Since by the one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive the overflow of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. 18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification for everyone.

Suppose you committed a crime and were given a fine you could not afford, but as an act of mercy the judge paid that fine for you. The judge says to you, "Your fine has been paid in full, so you don't have to serve prison time if you will simply apologize for your crime." In rebellion you refuse to admit your crime so the judge sends you to prison. You are NOT going to prison because of the crime and fine you owed, because it had been paid. You are going to prison for your rebellion against the judge and his gift. Same is true in salvation. People are condemned, not because God refused them, but because they refused God.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Unbelievable. Your theological platform is in jeopardy.

To you, and your misunderstanding of a simple theological truth, until one hears and rejects, is one only truly condemned.

Unreal. That is serious error and misunderstanding of truth on your part.

If this is true, quit preaching, all men are safe and will be OK so don't give them a reason to "not believe" and then "become condemned."

Mankind is already condemned. What you argue is contrary to Romans 10 that men need to hear to be saved, who are men already condemned.

No wonder there is so much disagreement seeing this basis and platform of your theology concerning your view of mankind in the world. To you, and a logical conclusion of what you state, men are safe right now and only become condemned after they hear and don't believe. This is contrary to the truth that man is already right now condemned!

I hate to use this word, but will: Nonsense! (to what you've said.)

Man is already condemned. You thus err.

#26 preacher4truth, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  7. preacher4truth

He never questioned anyones salvation, but you scour the BB looking for such things.

Try studying context. Thanks.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

You have not shown your case yet, all you have done is allege Skan's post and theology as wrong. If you are indeed a pastor/teacher, then teach him where he errs.

9. preacher4truth

I've done that.

Man is already lost, man doesn't become condemned only after hearing and not believing, he is already there.

Is man already lost, right now, who haven't heard, who is also not saved? Yes or no? If not, then why do they need to be saved?

Why go assail the poor innocent ones in Africa who haven't heard, only to bring these to condemnation because they didn't believe, who formerly weren't condemned until we told them the message?

Well, there aren't any innocent ones in Africa, and the reason we go preach to them is because they are already condemned and on there way to hell now.

If you don't get that, then I am done, and you'll never get it.

If you believe Skan, then quit telling others, as they are safe and not condemned. That is the illogical conclusion of what he is teaching.

Man is lost and condemned already, thus we preach to them.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wd,
    Do not get paranoid on me.
    There is no strawman here, nor augustine my friend...just the Apostle Paul
    This last part is all who have died in Adam......do not re-define it with a webdogism.......just understand and believe it!

11. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Unless they hold to that when God was in Chrsit reconciling entire World to Himself...
    Interprete that as meaning we all start out once again on a "level playing field" before God? He forbades past sins and does not hold them against us, until we reject Jesus than fall under being condemned? Either that or deny original Sin, being in Adam etc!

12. preacher4truth

Uh?

What?

Whatever you just said needs clarified.

And there is no excuse for one believing mankind is only condemned after disbelief. Man is already condemned now. Lost, on way to hell right now.

13. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I bolded a few other lines in the text that you cited from Romans... You seem to miss those when you have these sort of discussions.

14. JesusFan

if this is true, than shouldn't we NOT send out the Gospel message. lest they hear and stand codemned?

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Webdog,

Try to interact with the thread for a change...instead of looking to twist words and accuse those you do not agree with.

read your last 20-30 posts and see if you are giving positive imput to a thread...or just assuming things and looking to be divisive.

If you feel you cannot interact biblically...pass by the thread.
    Do not get caught up in your hyper-sensitive world where you see every post related to augustine, or people investigating everyones salvation, or whatever else you are coming up with.

What is your response to the issue in this thread???

my first response to Skans op stands. It has to figure in to the discussion.. If skan wishes to modify , or clarify his post...he can....we are not going to shoot him:thumbsup:

Webdog,,,in addition if you re-read the thread my response to P4T was not intended to question skans state before God...it was meant to answer p4t question to me about God given light in the gospel....stop trying to be a keyboard rambo...and engage in the discussion/debate. Have a nice day my friend.:wavey:

16. preacher4truth

Now, am I allowed to laugh?

"Keyboard Rambo?"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

17. preacher4truth

Perhaps only "we" were to read this "with care?" :smilewinkgrin:

18. JesusFan

Just was stating that those holding that man is condemned by unbelief, might hold than God indeed reconciled ALL men back to Himself Himself by the Cross, all start out clean playing field, and that unbelief is when judgement comes! And they also tend to deny effects of original Sin!

19. preacher4truth

That's what I said. Thus their fallacy here is exposed.

We have many people for years that have heard the preacher say "People are going to hell FOR rejecting Christ!" and not conclude this as error, and then take him out an feed him lunch.

Uh, no. They are already heading there right now.

Some pride needs to be swallered, then one will see and admit this to being erroneous thought and doctrine.

I smell beef. Did someone shoot a sacred cow?

:laugh:

20. JesusFan

Know that some have answered that they hold to God doing "hardening" to the jews in times of Christ, to blind them to Gospel so that they would refuse and Gentiles could get grafted in... "Judicial hardening"

Almost like they DO hold to DoG but ONLY in special cases, as in Gospel and times of Christ!
    Jesus called those who rejected Him though children of the Devil...

Aren't ALL of us such unless God saves us and brings us into Kingdom of His son Jesus Christ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.