1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are People who "used" to be a Christian still saved?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by bonniej, Nov 14, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So hobnobbing with Catholics and appointing homesexuals to office will keep you out of heaven, but a harsh, critical, judgemental spirit will not?

Interesting thought.

2. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I judge all by the scriptural truths, so that I am not decieved and can help others not be decieved
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew it she is diety---NOT! Seems to me I have finally figured out Michelle, we have had it wrong for so long. It is not the KJV that is her final authority, it is not the Holy Spirit, It is not the Son, It is not even the Father. It is Michelle, she is her own final authority in all things. She cannot be deceived because she has attained godhood, sounds a little mormonistic.

Bro Tony

Thank you for the slander. Much appreciated. As I indicated the scriptures are my final authority in all matters of faith and practice. This doesn't mean just believing it, but living it, applying it and sharing it, to myself and others. You are basically false accusing me here brother. I am not my final authority. God is. HE is for you all too, however you are showing forth you do not obey his commands, and you have also said that what I have obeyed of God is wrong and of my own self.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. michelle

michelle New Member

Actually it is both. I believe in two-way relationships and I have one with Christ, thank you very much. The Holy Spirit talks to me and I talk back. You should be happy for me. Instead, you sound jealous.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Jealous? That thought never entered my mind nor my heart. In fact sadness for you has entered. As you have stated you believe in many of your posts that you have the power and ability to do only what the Lord can and does for you, and attribute that to your own self. I am not worthy, nor am I capable of keeping myself in Christ. I am only capable of trusting in HIM and his righteousness, and HIS WORK, and HIS promises to me by HIS GRACE through my faith. I cannot put trust in myself for this, for I am a fallen creature and have not this ability of my own self. It only can come from God, and this is why HE came, because we are not capable of doing this on our own.

michelle

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

No slander, Just "judging" you by your very own words. You have said nothing in all your judging of others about the Word of God, if you don't believe me reread your posts. You continually presuppose your biased positions to be that of God. You cannot be wrong. You are judgmental and refuse correction even when it is evident you are wrong. You cannot even answer a simple question by C4K because you know it will show you for who you are. I wish you could see yourself and what you are doing like other Christians on this board do, maybe you would grow and begin to approach others in a more Christ like manner. Hope it happens, don't have much hope it will.

Bro Tony

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I see the last few pages as a fulfillment of Matthew 7v2.

6. michelle

michelle New Member

No slander, Just "judging" you by your very own words. You have said nothing in all your judging of others about the Word of God, if you don't believe me reread your posts. You continually presuppose your biased positions to be that of God. You cannot be wrong. You are judgmental and refuse correction even when it is evident you are wrong. You cannot even answer a simple question by C4K because you know it will show you for who you are. I wish you could see yourself and what you are doing like other Christians on this board do, maybe you would grow and begin to approach others in a more Christ like manner. Hope it happens, don't have much hope it will.

Ummm, excuse me, but I have given scriptural references from where my belief and judgements in this have come from. Do you not read the posts? Where is your scriptural support for your belief about this come from? Where does God say that we are not to know them by their fruits? Where does God tell us not to judge all things? Where does God tell us that we are free to yolk ourselves with unbelievers, or send souls to those who preach a false gospel and a false christ? Please, I would be interested in knowing where your authority for condoning such things, and such men is indicated anywhere in the scriptures. You are judging me, yes. But you are judging unrighteously. Your judgement does not stem from scriptural truth, but your own opinions and judgements.

michelle

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle, I am ashamed of your spirit and attitude. Your words are a reproach and I would ask you to weigh carefully what you write.

You have made yourself "god", judge and jury based on paltry and skewed evidence and then tried to justify it with Scripture.

I am asking you kindly to shift from such a spirit in your posts. Thank you.

8. michelle

michelle New Member

I see the last few pages as a fulfillment of Matthew 7v2.

It is so good to see that you have looked at yourself in the mirror, and come to understand that you and others posting here are guilty of this. Yeah! This is the first step for you to see this truth. You have to take the beam out of your own eye first, in order to see it. Hurray! Someone is finally obeying the scriptures and applying the truth within. Now can you see what I have been sharing with you? OR was this rather a false accusation upon me? You will find that I have taken the beam out of my own eye first, before I approached this issue. You will not see me EVER sending precious souls to the Roman Catholic Church who teaches a false Christ and a false gospel. Nor will you see me remain silent about it with them, and I will always tell them the truth - the gospel truth. Anyone who does not do this, does not love their bretheren, nor are they obeying the Lord's commands, nor do they understand the truth within, which shows forth their bad fruit. Judge righteous judgement, and you will not be judged.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

9. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I wrote this five pages ago but I still think it applies since this back and forth has continued uninterrupted.

Jesus said we would know people by their fruits. John is adament in 1st John that those who are in God love thier brother and that by this love we know that we are in God. The Bible does not condemn all speculation over someone's position before God. How else could we witness to anyone?

I think the on going disagreement here is that each side tries to take Jesus's word to the extreme. On the one side some wish to argue that we can know perfectly by their actions (over say President Bush or Billy Grahamn) and others wish to say we can't know at all no matter what their actions (even if they are athesists or satan worshippers; since they may have "accepted" Christ in their youth). I contend that Jesus statement is a general principle. Yes, I agree that we can't know for sure whether someone who claims to know Christ yet shows no evidence of loving their brother is nessisarily not saved, but I would probably take my chances and whitness to them! Likewise president Bush, who claims all roads lead to heaven. I think in general we are making way to much of this, as we are fighting over the few that sort of do church and seem to walk and talk in ambuiguity and not the billions outside the church who live pagan lives completly seperated from the love of God.

10. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

You are exactly right Roger. It seems to be alright for Michelle to judge others, including their eternal destiny. But when others use her same tactics toward her, then they are guilty of slander. It is time to stop the judging and begin to walk in Christ. Discernment is one thing, judgement and condemnation belong to God not us.

Bro Tony

11. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Michelle,

You just don't get it, I doubt you ever will. You show yourself to be self-righteous and beyond correction. You are infallable and omniscient in your own mind. I shall now cease to spend my time on those who refuse to see.

Bro Tony

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I too am leaving this discussion. My point is made a clear for all rational people to see.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's just stop this nonsense right here.

Thread closed by executive decision of Bob.