1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are there even biblical arminians posting On The baptist Board?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Blah, blah, blah, I have seen this bogus explanation many times. You can always find "scholars" who can make scripture support any point of view, the JWs have "scholars" who can explain away hell.

The whole idea of sin being inherited is ridiculous. No one can sin for another, it is impossible.

If sin is inherited, then why not righteousness? If a man and his wife are born again, having the new nature, then how is it that their children are born with a sin nature? Ridiculous, you cannot possibly explain that. But if our old nature died when we believed, any children should be born with the new nature.

Explain that if you are so knowledgeable. How is it that children born to born again parents are born with a sin nature?

This is going to be good, I can't wait to see your answer. :laugh:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Because that which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of Spirit is spirit.
    Only the Spirit can birth righteousness. Human reproduction cannot accomplish what only God's Spirit can do.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

So you think sin is physical? We inherit sin like our eye color or other physical features?

Then how did Jesus escape having a sin nature, he was the "seed of the woman" was he not?

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

If this verse teaches that the sin nature is physically inherited, does it teach it is inherited from our father? NO, it does not mention David's father, only his mother. Wow, the Holy Spirit must have made a mistake.

Job 15:14 What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?

Job 25:4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

Was Jesus born of a woman? Then how could he be clean or righteous if these verses are teaching sin is inherited? Do they mention the father? NO.

Men are born upright, just as Adam and Eve were made upright. All men when they are old enough to understand right from wrong willingly choose to sin and spiritually die, just like Adam and Eve. And all men must be born again by trusting in Jesus, just as Adam and Eve did.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman,

blah blah blah...is not a response that is acceptable to Divine truth.

All mankind are sinners....so when they have children they also are sinners.

Paul in Romans 7 makes this clear to any who understand the text:

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nice post AmyG....you have clear vision on the issue:wavey::thumbs::applause::wavey:

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

You did not answer my question. How is it when a man and his wife are born again Christians with the new nature their children are born with a sin nature?

Answer this question please.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have answered the question...but like the text in romans 3;23 that you make fun of and avoid....you are unable to understand it.

Our ouward man is perishing...we do not have a body that is incapable of sin, even as born from above believers.

While we are sinlessly perfect In Christ....we are still in a body that is able to sin...until glorification.No where are we removed from the curse of sin in our members here...That is why Paul commands us to mortify sin...in Romans 8...it is a command for all christians;

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman]

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Because spiritual birth has zero to do with the physical birth. Jesus explained this to Nicodemus and he didn't understand it either.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :wavey::thumbs::applause:

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

And what none of you Calvinists understand is the word AGAIN.

Jesus said we must be born AGAIN. The word regeneration means to be made alive AGAIN.

The scriptures say death passed upon all men for that all have sinned. You must first be alive to die.

A man must be born alive the first time to be born alive AGAIN.

Jesus said the prodigal son was alive AGAIN.

No one can be born dead. To be born, you must be alive for at least a short period of time. We speak of a miscarriage , we say that a child is born dead, but that child was alive for a period of time before it died. You must be alive to die.

You Calvinists teach the false and illogical idea that we were always dead. That is impossible and illogical, nothing can be dead that was not first alive. A stone cannot be said to be dead, because it was never alive.

No man can be dead in sin that was not first alive.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Paul never taught he was born dead, he taught he was alive once, but when the commandment came, sin revived and he died. You must be alive to die. And you must be born alive once to be born alive AGAIN.

All you Calvinists teach is error.

14. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Our first birth

Psalm 51:5
    Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Our born again by His word by the Holy Spirit our new Mother.

Psalm 139
    13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
    16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
    17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[Or How amazing are your thoughts concerning me] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
    18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand—
    when I awake, I am still with you.

The question is was we chosen by our first birth before the foundation of the world or by our new birth, our new creation us being born again through enduring word in Him chosen before the foundation of the world? I do believe my first birth who i was was headed for destruction and Jesus saved me from this body of death and He made me a new creation by His enduring word in my inner most parts hidden while the outside of me is decaying and dying still.

Psalm 119:133
    Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.

Romans 8

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[The Greek is singular; some manuscripts me] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[In contexts like this, the Greek word for flesh (sarx) refers to the sinful state of human beings, often presented as a power in opposition to the Spirit; also in verses 4-13.] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[Or flesh, for sin] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

#54 psalms109:31, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  15. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Born again(or from above) was in contrast to physical birth.

Birth 1 - physical
    birth 2 - spiritual.

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No, it is not scriptural, but taught in the Reformed circles.

You have to distinguish between the "inner man" and the "outer man", when you are talking about conception. What is conceived in conception? The fertilization of an egg by a sperm is what starts the formation of the human body. Now, the soul isn't conceived, because if we conceived the soul as well as the physical, then we have the ability to create life. Once the egg is fertilized, it start's it growth process, with God shaping that body the way it pleases Him. Remember, He told Jeremiah that He knew him before He formed him in his mother's womb. Once the egg starts growing, God places the soul(inner man) in that body. So, if the soul is dead at conception, then it came from God in a dead state of sin, therefore, making God the Author of sin.

Are you ready to concede this point, Brother?

BTW, I am a dichotomist, so I see man as soul and physical body, and not soul, spirit, and body. Whenever I say "soul" or "spirit", I am talking about the "inner man".

That which is born of the flesh, is flesh(physical body). That which is born of spirit, is spirit(inner man).

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are still not getting it, to be born AGAIN means to be alive AGAIN. To be regenerated means to be alive AGAIN. The scriptures do not say we are "generated", that is, made alive once, they say we are "regenerated" which means made alive AGAIN. We were not born dead, we were born alive, but when we sinned we spiritually died. When we trust Christ we are made alive AGAIN, we are born AGAIN.

You don't get it, you don't know what the word "AGAIN" means. Or, you do, but ignore it.

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Did Jesus say the prodigal son was alive for the first time? NO, he said he was alive AGAIN. You can listen to Augustine and your Reformed "scholars", I will believe what Jesus said.

See, you can't explain what Paul meant when he said he was alive once without the law, because if your doctrine is true that would be impossible. But if you believe what Jesus REALLY taught, that a man is born alive, you would easily understand Paul, and see there is no contradiction.

18. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

We have to be born again and this happen in this dead grave that we live in and it comes from the enduring word of God through Jesus Christ. When we walk away from Jesus and His word we walk away from life.

Matthew 23:
    29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[Psalm 118:26]”

Jeremiah 6:16
    This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

John 1:11
    He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Matthew 10:33
    But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Luke 12:9
    But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God.

Revelation 3:5
    He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

I am not talking about a Peter denial, but a total disowning we all are going to have times we stumble, but we are to be assured in Christ Jesus our refuge. We will not be disowned even if we are faithless in times of weakness, because in Christ, Christ cannot disown Himself.

#58 psalms109:31, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Great post Winman....I guess it does not bother you at all....that the word means....born from above:thumbsup:

So you post the error yet again.......got to love it!!!!!!

3 Jesus answered and said to him, `Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;'

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, `How is a man able to be born, being old? is he able into the womb of his mother a second time to enter, and to be born?'

5 Jesus answered, `Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God;

6 that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 `Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above;

#59 Iconoclast, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Willis,

I cannot agree to your idea ,as I believe it is unbiblical in several ways

In your idea...men are born spiritually alive.

That would mean they are born indwelt with the Holy Spirit.
    That would mean they lose salvation when they commit and act of sin.
    that would mean they were not sealed with the Spirit like Eph 1 says.
    that would mean romans 3 :23 does not say this as i posted to Winman:

Quote:
    8 The use of the aor. in both Romans passages, in their given context, point to an event, i.e., mankind did not simply inherit a sinful nature or tendency from Adam—“all have sinned,” thus referring to personal experience and activity,

but “all sinned” in an event, a point in time (Rom. 3:23, pa,ntej ga.r h[marton kai. u`sterou/ntai th/j do,xhj tou/ qeou/. “For all sinned and are subsequently constantly coming short…”

Rom. 5:12, …diV e`no.j avnqrw,pou h` a`marti,a eivj to.n ko,smon…evfV w-| pa,ntej h[marton. “by one man sin entered into the world…for all sinned.”). Every human being is a sinner by imputation, nature and personal activity.