1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are there Modern Apostles/prophets today?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Oct 5, 2012.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

He addressed them all so yes, I would say they do!
    If you will read that closer you would see that he has blended the manifestations and the ministries. It is saying not everyone will manifest the same way at the same time. This is a summary statement. You are losing sight of the point of chapter 12 when you read the summary. The Lord distributes to every person, an at any given time he will energize spiritual gifts and manifestations differently in different people. Verse 28-30 are fitting conclusion to the chapter, reflecting the reality that at any given time, in any given meeting, not every person will do everything. It is the Lord who distributes and manifest as it pleases him. Maybe you would like to do a greek word study on the word "allos" for another in verses 7-10...it is very interesting!
    See above answer.. I have answered this before and you keep addressing it like I am going to change my answer. Well I am not! The Bible's answer is the same everytime. Read vs. 12-26 especially vs. 22-24! It compares the gifts to a body...they are all important and needed!

Show me scripture and verse that says Paul interpreted himself!!

I am not denying that the apostles had signs..wonders and mighty deeds! Why do you keep bringing this point up?

Not sure what point you are making with this verse?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

hebrews 2:4

God had already confirmed the message through the Apsotolic witness, as evidenced by their signs/wonders!

Do you hold to there being modern day prophets/Apostles for today that God has given his church?

that they function as in Bible days?