1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are we deceiving children ....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Dec 4, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imho...

...we are decieving children with things that go way beyond Santa and the tooth fairy! We need to be very careful in what we say, and how we live, because there are greater things than Santa Claus to be concerned over.

For instance, many of us, as believers drink and smoke, and tell our children it is perfectly fine so long as it is in moderation! The question is, what is moderation? And can moderation really be difined or taught, and does it always have a "magical" number attached to it? What you consider moderation may not be what the children decide is moderation, when the reach adulthood! And what do we say to our kids when they come in contact with teetotalers who paint these things as sinful practices and a form of filth??

I think we need to be cognizant of the manner in which we live and how we talk; because there will always be those who see these things quite differently than how we bring our kids up to believe!

Another for instance, some believers don't think certain words are cussing. And we tell our kids that this form of the word is acceptable in God's eyes, while the other form of the the same word or meaning of that word isn't

I hope I am making sense to you folks, because I do not mean to judge any of you, and I do not pretend to know what is and isn't acceptable to God! I just think that there are moral choices and values that can take on a falsehood of their own, and we need to examine everything, if in fact we are going to hold those who want their kids to have a few years of believing in "Fairy tales!"

LIke someone once said: When we point a finger at another there are three other fingers on our hand pointing back at us! Selah!

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, if Santa would stop his bad habits, that would cease to be a problem. LOL

[​IMG]

#62 saturneptune, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is certainly subjective but for some it include only slightly inebriated rather than full blown inebriated. A little drunk rather than falling down drunk.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're Old Enough to REmember....

.....Foster Brooks played a great, falling down drunk on television! The thing most didn't know about Foster was that he was not a drinker!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did I like watching him on the Dean Martin Roasts

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this would be the counsel of Christ and His Apostles.

And they know it, too, but to validate their positions they have take the absurd position that their deceptions are no more than that of mere storytelling.

And if one doesn't teach his children to believe in the existence of fanciful characters, it must mean he must never ever ever mention them or read stories about them, let alone dress his avatar like one!

I think my childhood was richer, and my joy at Christmas more fullfilling for never having been led to believe in Santa Claus, and it's never lost its "magic."

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, its legalism to tell me what I do with my kids is sinful...and to make up commandments that do not exist ("thou shalt not lie")

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Strange, every year the stories of Rahab, Jonathan and David, God and Hezekiah, God and Moses, Jesus and the men on the road to Emmaus go unmentioned when these awful "lies" were told.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

Though he didn't advertise it to a great extent, he said he was a "friend of Bill W."