1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we in a Civil Cold War?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 13, 2020.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can generally agree with that. I think he could fight back without being boorish, but he is inclined otherwise.

You may disagree with me on this, but I also think he has a problem with consistency and credibility. I think a lot of it is probably shooting his mouth off without thinking things through. When it comes down to making decisions, he ends up making good decisions most of the time. But he does himself no favors by allowing himself to appear inconsistent or dishonest when he doesn't take the time to get his story straight.

It really isn't only a liberal talking point. His administration frequently struggles to maintain a consistent message, and I don't understand why. It's frustrating to me because most of the time, when all is eventually sorted, I end up thinking, "That makes a lot of sense. Now why didn't you just say that in the beginning?"

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea those times he has been accused of having an inconsistent message I always find it odd. I always understood him from beginning to end and struggle to understand why others do not get him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Dems attacked Lincoln constantly. They attacked Hoover for 30 years after he was out of office. You will never hear a kind word from a Democrat. Their impeachment charges are a pure political attack. The Dems have essentially ruled through the Congress since 1932. So they have ruled for almost a century and they think that they are better than everyone else. Dem policies are irrational.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The left “retreat into their echo chambers”? The left was outrageous throughout the Obama years, as was their leader Obama. His was the most perverted, anti-American administration ever and paved the way for Trump. Progressive Hillary ran on doubling down on that, and in a fairer setting Bernie might have even edged her out to take the Left full Communist. And just listen to them ‘debate’ now.

Trump was and is the obvious choice to bring us back from the brink of their insanity, and only someone with his stamina and determination could have withstood the wicked workings of the Dems. Perhaps by the end of his second term, the way will be paved for other like-minded leaders to take up the mantle. This is what the Dems fear most and why they are doing all they can to undermine his presidency.

5. BillKeepingTheFaith

BillKeepingTheFaith New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I'm kind of tired of this reduction of people to labels. People are not simple, but let me ask a question that confuses me coming from other Christians:

Abortion: Why does the Right seem to be more about Hating Pro Choice people rather than focusing on Loving the children (I have mixed feelings about this issue, both sides have some valid points and both have some some room to try to be more understanding that life is not so simple and easy to make either of these choices simple

Immigration: Why does the Right seem to be more about Hating / fearing the immigrants than Loving all of God's children? You can make some valid debates about protecting our borders or controlling immigrant access to services, but don't hate the people....Most of them are just poor and desperate.

Health Care: Why are you afraid of treating your fellow human beings with love and trying to have better, cheaper health care for all? Don't hate people that need health care (I guarantee you and everyone else is going to get sick and die some day).....hate that for some reason in a capitalist country, there is no competition allowed to reduce the price of drugs that have been around for years / decades.

Taxes? I don't really know anyone who enjoys paying taxes so maybe we have some common ground here. If the government wasted less (bad contracts, sweetheart deals, no real competition for medical services, etc), maybe we could pay less in taxes

Religion: The separation of Church and state in the United States is not intended as a means of controlling / limited religion. It is intended as a way of protecting religion.....So that one religion doesn't get to suppress the beliefs and practices of another. When you think about what you wish the law would allow you to force others to do, ask yourself if you would want to take turns sharing control of the law. Do you want to live under the rules of Shariah (sp?) law? I wouldn't....so I'm pretty happy that the law of the land is to let people practice their spirituality as they see fit without letting them force that on others.

Treat others as you would want to be treated. Love thy neighbor, love thine enemy.....It doesn't mean bend over backwards to let them abuse you....but it certainly doesn't mean hate them either.

Both sides need to stop focusing on their differences.

Everyone who's even remotely decent loves their children and wants them to be happy and successful
    Everyone wants to earn a decent living from a hard days work
    Everyone worries about paying their bills and making ends meet (well, not the 0.1% controlling BOTH sides of the media)
    Everyone likes to spend time with family and friends, laughing, joking, and feeling connected to their communities
    Everyone wants their children and family to be safe and healthy

Stop the rhetoric...there are no liberals and conservatives...not really. They are a complex mix of feelings, emotions, wants and desires.

You can accuse me of being a liberal....but if a murderer is undoubtably guilty, I'm for execution, or at least not strictly against it (depends on how heinous I guess). I hate my tax dollars being wasted and I'd prefer lower taxes. If someone attacks my people in my country, I would respond in a nice, mature and respectful fashion by offering a choice: "Here's 3 major cities in your country, pick 1 to save, the other two will be burning piles of dust by morning, you have 15 minutes to decide"

Try love and trust more, and hate and fear less.

God bless.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of that is true

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BillKeepingTheFaith sez:

I'm kind of tired of this reduction of people to labels. People are not simple, but let me ask a question that confuses me coming from other Christians:

Abortion: Why does the Right seem to be more about Hating Pro Choice people rather than focusing on Loving the children
    Why do you think we HATE pro-choice??

Immigration: Why does the Right seem to be more about Hating / fearing the immigrants than Loving all of God's children?
    Why do you think we HATE immigrants??

Health Care: Why are you afraid of treating your fellow human beings with love and trying to have better, cheaper health care for all?
    Why do you think we fit the above description??

Taxes? I don't really know anyone who enjoys paying taxes so maybe we have some common ground here.
    OK!!

Religion: ....so I'm pretty happy that the law of the land is to let people practice their spirituality as they see fit without letting them force that on others.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this comment seems to imply that we are trying to force our beliefs on others; ergo I would like a fuller explanation of this statement.

Treat others as you would want to be treated.
    I find it hard to comment on this when looking at the lies, slander, and outright hate the left has shown for the President. "O" had a free ride from the right compared to the war declared on "T" from the left!!

Both sides need to stop focusing on their differences.
    Agree! However the left is the primary instigator of this problem. Just compare the basic philosophy of the left vs right, and you will find that the left insists on anti-USA, immorality, murder (pre-birth or immediately post-birth), no individual accountability, not only acceptance but approval as well of all sorts of sexual deviancy, etc etc etc. Also the left is the side that wants to control your life in virtually all aspects, so ---!

You can accuse me of being a liberal....
    No, I would consider you a leftist, not liberal, based on what you have posted here, and if I have mis-characterized you I apologize.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite frankly, this post seems to reflect a high degree of acceptance of much of the progressive left rhetoric and propaganda against conservatives. The rhetoric and propaganda will not stop as long as there is freedom of speech, but we should all learn to discern, or they will cancel that and other freedoms as soon as they can.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1