1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we ready for a Pentacostal VP?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Sep 6, 2008.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From speaking to those in countries with socialized medicine, I'm sure we don't want it. My friend's father was declared not eligible for cancer treatment because he was too old. He came her to the US and paid for his own treatment - and is still alive today thanks to our American doctors. If he lived in the US and had no insurance, he still would have gotten better treatment than if he stayed in the UK.

2. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

That Rev. Kalnins is no better than Jeremiah Wright. That's the problem with a lot of preachers nowadays. They care more about politics than they do about Jesus Christ. :(

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Unless you've seen transcripts or videos of the alleged statements from the pastor, I'd not take a stand against him. Be careful what you do with unsubstantiated rumors. They can't even prove it - otherwise they would have.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sure, and Liberman is a Republican... Democrat.... What is he again???

5. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You should know, as he came from your party!

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we ready for a Pentacostal VP?

I'll pose a question in response.

Why not?

You seem to be ready for a non-Christian like Obama as president.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He may have been at the party but he didn't have an invite...

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I too am against socialized anything but to imply people are in debt from poor planning is ludicrous. Consider yourself blessed you were able to plan and stick to your plan. Some people would love to plan but living check to check leaves them nothing to plan with. We all wish we were as fortunate as you but some of us have different cards in our hand. As Tiny how he struggled with his wifes situation and I don't believe it was from poor planning...

PS... Glad you have the testimony of a survivor and pray the entire nasty disease is in your rear view mirror.

10. targus

targus New Member

We've already covered this. You are in error. The article that you are referring to stated that the U.S. life expectancy is 42nd. Not the medical system. The article also stated that the lower life expectancy was not due to the medical care but to bad life style choices - smoking, too fat, and too little exercise - and that those poor life style choices come from being a more wealthy society.

What concerns me with this election is that so many people with so much bad information or poor reading comprehension skills will vote and their vote will count just as much as the informed educated voter.

We might as well be flipping a coin to decide who is President.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Health Care Rankings
    Saturday, July 28, 2007

With our country in dire need of health care reform and the implementation of a universal health care system there will be some people spreading much misinformation in order to keep the system as is. Those people are bought and paid for by the health insurance industry and this includes many politicians.

Below you'll find the most up to date world wide health care rankings by the World Health Organization. Consider that every country on this list except for the United States has a universal health care system.

1. France
    2. Italy
    3. San Marino
    4. Andorra
    5. Malta
    6. Singapore
    7. Spain
    8. Oman
    9. Austria
    10. Japan
    11. Norway
    12. Portugal
    13. Monaco
    14. Greece
    15. Iceland
    16. Luxembourg
    17. Netherlands
    18. United Kingdom
    19. Ireland
    20. Switzerland
    21. Belgium
    22. Colombia
    23. Sweden
    24. Cyprus
    25. Germany
    26. Saudi Arabia
    27. United Arab Emirates
    28. Israel
    29. Morocco
    30. Canada
    31. Finland
    32. Australia
    33. Chile
    34. Denmark
    35. Dominica
    36. Costa Rica
    37. USA

Also consider that the US spends by far the most money per person on health care of any of these countries. Why are we getting so little return on so much money spent? Because of the corrupt system we have in place which benefits the very rich health insurance companies and their investors but not the people of this country.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of all the government red tape, unnecessary regulations, ect, ect, ect:BangHead:

13. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

World Health Organization????? Are they run by the United Nations??
    Oh and the UN is such a truthful and trustworthy organization when it come to anything that has to do with the USA. I could poll my 5Th and 6Th graders and get just list just as accurate.

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

BB, I think I remember hearing liberals like yourself, KenH, Dragonfly and LeBucik state that we are not voting for "national pastor" so why are you bringing up Palin's religious beliefs now?

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

In other words, gov't solutions have become your god.

#35 Andy T., Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What kind of system does France have and why can't we mirror it?

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can...

if you like double digit unemployment figures and confiscatory tax policies.

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So just how is government going to fix this?

#38 Revmitchell, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So the health care in France caused unemployment?

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How about all of us "Stick to the Issue!"??

Although I have already answered this (which response was apparently ignored, by all, since no one, including carpro has spelled "Pentecostal" correctly, as of yet :rolleyes:), carpro here asks a very legitimate question, in answer to the OP title question. "Why not?" is indeed a very good question to a question! There is absolutely no "political" reason that a "Pentecostal" (Gov. Sarah Palin) either could or should be (or should not or could not be) elected as the next Vice-President, and one can say the same thing about a "Catholic" (Sen. Joseph Biden)!
    Uh- wrong answer to an un-asked question, here, not to mention the slur!

Despite that fact, that I can currently find more even reasons to oppose Sen. Barack Obama, than to oppose Sen. John McCain (and I can find several reasons to oppose Sen. McCain, as well as Rep. Bob Barr, Prof. Ralph Nader, and probably most of the other "Minor Party" candidates running for President, FTR), this implication is an absolute falsehood, and deserves to be exposed for what it is!

The particular religious and/or political views of any among Dr. Jeremiah Wright, Rev. Ed Kalnins, Dr. Otis Moss III, or Rev. Larry Kroon is not the issue, nor are their views germane to any question, here, although the "judgment" and/or "discernment" of Gov. Palin and/or Sen. Obama for the years of "sitting" under any such teaching, certainly is appropriate 'fodder' for this discussion.

And despite any perceived shortcomings of so-called "Black Liberation" and/or "Charismatic" Theology, and/or questions about "megachurches" such as Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ or the Wasilla Assembly of God, Wasilla Bible Church, or Juneau Christian Center (Exactly how large does a church have to be in an area of 8000 population or even 30,000, to qualify her as "mega", anyway?), all the above churches are at least generally "Orthodox Christian", in their proclamation of the triune God, Scripture, and salvation through the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, on Mt. Moriah. [One of these days (if I manage to last that long on the BB :rolleyes:), someone is finally going to comment on this statement, that I have made multiple times.]

Sen. Obama (just as is Gov. Palin) is also on record many times as saying he is a Christian, that redemption comes through Christ, and was baptized nearly two decades ago (just as Gov. Palin was baptized some 3 decades ago).

Sen. Obama is definitley not a "non- Christian," by any 'permitted' BB definition, any more that Gov. Palin is a "non-Christian," and neither deserve these kinds of "dig(s)" or "slur(s)!"

Ed

#40 EdSutton, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008